Job location (usual place of work): Witney
Pay rate: £37k – £39k
Pay is pro rata?:
Job title: Director of Base 33 Youth Charity
Applications close on date: 4th May 2016
Hours are: Full time
Contract is: Permanent
Job summary: Are you Base 33’s next Director?
Since 1998 Base 33 have been supporting the young people of Witney and West Oxfordshire when they need it most. Our detached youth work involves engaging with young people on their own terms, helping them to get back into society and achieve their full potential.
Our approach has had real impact on the community in Witney and the surrounding area. Each year we engage with over 1500 young people through our detached youth work and our services have helped reduce instances of antisocial behaviour by 60% over the past 3 years.
We have a real passion for the work we do, and combined with a friendly and welcoming team, Base 33 really is an exciting place to work.
In order to continue to support young people in Witney, we need a talented, passionate and visionary individual to lead Base 33.
We are currently looking for a Director, whose primary purpose it will be to provide vision and leadership to Base 33 and whose responsibility it will be to manage and ensure that Base 33 continues to provide the support Young People in crisis need.
Essential Skills & Experience:
• A minimum of four years’ experience managing staff
• Ability to devise and enthusiastically communicate Base 33’s vision
• Experience of managing staff, delegating and monitoring the work of others to achieve targets
• Experience of fundraising
• Ability to motivate and inspire others and translate learning into effective and committed practice
• Clear verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate clearly and memorably with a wide range of people
• Analytical, prioritising and decision making skills
• A facilitative approach to management with the capacity to coach and develop staff
• Ability to plan and manage complex workload across a range of subject areas, meet deadlines and respond to unplanned demands
• Persuasion, negotiation and diplomatic skills
• Excellent time management skills with an ability to concurrently manage a range of objectives
• Providing an appropriate vision and strategic direction
• Ensuring efficient and effective operational management with Safeguarding as a priority
• Oversight of relationship and stakeholder management and PR
• Through intensive support for Young People aim to deliver great outcomes
• All necessary aspects of HR
• Income generation in conjunction with a Fundraiser and the Trustees
• Understanding and awareness of consequences of actions vis-à-vis finance
• Ongoing development and implementation of processes, by which a clear and fact based view of Base 33’ s performance is maintained
• Effectively marketing Base 33, and all of its activities
As well as helping young people to achieve their goals, we want you to achieve yours. Learning and personal development is important to us, and we offer many opportunities that allow you to develop your skills further.
• 28 days annual leave (incl. bank holidays)
• Pension Scheme
This is a full-time (37 hours) position. Full driving licence with mode of transport is essential. For an informal discussion/visit please get in touch!
To apply, please contact: Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Time: April 8, 2016 at 8:45 am
IP Address: 220.127.116.11
Contact Form URL: https://ocva.org.uk/jobads/
Sent by an unverified visitor to your site.