Job location (usual place of work): Talking Shop, The Village Hall, Henley Road, Sandford-on-Thames, OX4 4YN, Oxfordshire
Pay rate: £12/hour
Pay is pro rata?: No
Job title: Saturday Market Operations Officer – freelance
Applications close on date: 5pm Friday 1st July (Interviews: Evening of Wed 6th / Thurs 7th July)
Hours are: Part time
Contract is: Fixed term
Job summary: Role Description: Saturday Market Operations Officer – freelance
Responsible to: Project Initiation Officer, Sandford Talking Shop Ltd
Responsible for: Working with and supporting the volunteer team to run Talking Shop’s Saturday Market & Café, developing resources, systems and promotions for the market.
Working arrangements: 7.5 hours to include 5.5 hours 7.30am – 1pm on Saturdays. Freelance working using own equipment, including computer and mobile phone. Any holiday dates to be agreed before the start of the contract so as to ensure cover is available. (Cover for occasional Saturdays can be provided by Project Initiation Officer, dates to be agreed.)
Duration of contract: starting July 2016 for 6 months. We hope that successful completion of this freelance contract will lead to definition of longer‐term post.
Pay: £12/ hour for 7.5 hours a each week, to be invoiced monthly in arrears
Background: For the past 5 years Talking Shop has run a Saturday Market & Café almost every week. Set up to bring local people together, to enable access to good local produce and services and to create a social hub for the community, the market & café have provided an incubator space for several new local micro-businesses, have redirected a significant spend to local producers and have become an important part of weekly life.
Talking Shop recently moved into its own new space at the village hall in Sandford. Work is underway to develop the infrastructure, systems and volunteer teams to open the space as a shop & café through the week and on Saturdays.
This Market Operations Officer will lead and support the volunteer team on Saturdays to deliver the market and café and as Talking Shop moves towards opening 6 days a week, this officer will work to develop the resources and services provided through the market as a part of that expanded timetable.
Main duties & responsibilities:
• To lead and support Talking Shop volunteers to run the Saturday market & café on Saturday mornings at Sandford village hall
• Coordinating and working with volunteer team to set up and open, to pack away and close the market, stalls etc
• Liaising with stall holders
• To lead with responsibility for safe working practices
• To manage and resolve volunteer needs
• To be the point of contact for any complaints / problems from customers, stall holders or volunteers
• To maintain and update resources for the market include signage and display materials
• To promote the market & café including through social media, local press, posters and our monthly leaflet
• Oversee cash handling and banking procedures
• customer service
• working with volunteers and or vulnerable people
• cash handling
• social media and marketing
Competent ability to:
• communicate in a friendly personable way
• manage and work in teams
• work independently and take the initiative
• work and get on with a wide range of people
Candidates must be suitable for work with vulnerable people and will need to undergo a successful DBS check.
Computer and IT literate; word, excel, email, internet and social media
Skills, experience and competencies:
• Experience of community-led projects
• Experience and knowledge of local food networks
• Experience of inducting, training and supporting staff or volunteers
• Project planning and management
We are also advertising a weekday freelance Project Initiation Officer post and candidates that wish to do so can apply for both roles
To apply, please contact: Application by CV and covering letter (explaining how you meet the person specification) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any questions should also be directed to Abi on this email address.
Applications deadline: 5pm Friday 1st July
Interviews: Evening of Wed 6th / Thurs 7th July
Time: June 20, 2016 at 10:55 am
IP Address: 126.96.36.199
Contact Form URL: https://ocva.org.uk/services/communications/jobads/
Sent by an unverified visitor to your site.