OCVA has teamed up with the Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust as part of a scheme called Leading Together to encourage the NHS and the voluntary sector to work closer together with the aim of improving health and wellbeing in Abingdon. Obviously, many groups are already doing this so part of the objective is to spread this expertise across a wider range of groups. We also want to include groups with which are not seen as health based because the arts and recreational activities all contribute to a person’s wellbeing.
It is expected that OCVA and the Trust will engage in activities like
- Helping voluntary groups to run campaigns on aspects of health and wellbeing.
- Encouraging voluntary groups to be more inclusive of those with physical and mental problems.
- Signposting people to groups that may be able to help them with their health problems
- Identifying where new voluntary services may be needed and encouraging new or existing groups to take these on
- Helping people into suitable voluntary roles both for their own wellbeing and for the benefits of the groups they work with.
We would be interested in your views about whether these are the right activities and whether your group may be able to contribute.
We have therefore arranged a discussion and networking meeting at the Northcourt Centre, Northcourt Road, Abingdon, OX14 1NS. ( http://www.northcourtcentre.com )
The meeting will be start at 4:30 pm on Thursday 28 July with registration, networking and refreshments with a view to starting at 5 pm. We expect to finish between 6 and 6:30.
Please email the OCVA Community Ambassador for Abingdon, Dave Butterworth, on firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to attend.