Volunteers needed for PIP Mountain Bike Challenge
On Saturday 15th October 2016 the 5th annual charity PIP Mountain Bike Challenge is taking place in Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire. Over 100 riders will jump on their bikes and ride 20 miles through the beautiful Chilterns all to help fundraise for Pursuing Independent Paths, a charity that supports adults with learning disabilities to achieve their potential.
We are looking for 50 volunteers to help on the day of the event and keep everyone going in the right direction, with a smile on their face.
The PIP Mountain Bike Challenge is our biggest fundraiser of the year and we hope to raise over £35,000. Our volunteers play a huge part in this. The more smooth, friendly, happy an experience our riders have the better!
Our volunteer roles on the day are;
• Stewarding – wear a high vis jacket, direct our riders along the route and encourage them to keep going.
• Setting up and tidying – decorating the marquee, setting up the morning coffee station and the registration desks, laying out our great BBQ and food station, collecting glasses etc.
• Meeting and greeting – making everyone feel welcome and appreciated after they complete the challenge.
The PIP MBC has a real local, community feel where everyone pulls together to make it happen. It starts and ends at Lovibonds Brewery in Henley-on-Thames, with 20 miles of beautiful fresh air and countryside in between. The welcome home party has a great atmosphere, with live music and quality locally produced food from the Bosley Patch Farm.
Volunteer and you’ll receive:
• A detailed information pack and briefing
• A Free PIP T-shirt
• Drinks and BBQ after the event at Lovibonds.