Bursaries for accredited courses in the Care of the Older Person
Deadline for applications: Friday 12 August 2016
Interviews: Tuesday 23 August 2016
This information is available at:
HEE Thames Valley is again offering financial support to help NHS practitioners (non-medical) Thames Valley to undertake accredited courses in the care of the older person, with an emphasis on person-centred care, preventing illness, maintaining independence and dignity, supporting mental health, and care close to home.
Funding may be sought for any accredited course which helps practitioners to support the older person through person-centred care, up to and including Masters modules. A list of the types of courses which practitioners have undertaken in our region is attached below, but this list is not exhaustive and other courses can be considered.
The Bursary scheme is open to Nurses, Midwives, Pharmacists and Allied Health Professionals in Thames Valley (Berks, Bucks, Milton Keynes and Oxon) who:
· are currently registered to practice with the appropriate regulatory and professional bodies in the UK;
· work in practice for at least two days per week for an organisation which provides healthcare for the NHS within Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Milton Keynes or Oxfordshire;
· have at least one year’s post-registration practice experience;
· have employer support to undertake the programme; and
· are committed to improving the care of the older person.
Email the application to: Rhonda Riachi firstname.lastname@example.org
or post to HEE TV, Thames Valley House, 4630 Kingsgate, Oxford Business Park South, Oxford OX4 2SU
to arrive by 12 August 2016.
Interviews will be held on 23 August 2016 at Thames Valley House.
Rhonda Riachi, Project Manager email@example.com or call 01865 785520