OCVA, have teamed up with Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust to help the NHS and Community Groups to work closer together to improve health and wellbeing in Abingdon-on-Thames. The initiative is called Healthy Abingdon.
Some of the activities that the Healthy Abingdon team will engage in includes
- Encouraging and helping all types of community groups to be more inclusive of people with mental or physical problems.
- Signposting people to groups that may be able to help them.
- Acting as an advocate where groups are facing common problems that inhibit what they are doing.
- Encouraging people into volunteering for the benefit of the groups they help and for their own wellbeing.
- Working with groups to organise campaigns with a health or wellbeing theme.
- Identifying areas where new groups are needed and encouraging such groups to form.
Community groups that operate in Abingdon are invited by Stuart Bell CBE, the Chief Executive of Oxford Health, to a launch reception on Tuesday 11 October from 6:30 to 8:30 pm at The Barn, Christ Church, Northcourt Road, Abingdon OX14 1PL.
There is limited car parking at Christ Church and in the adjacent public car park.
This activity arose out of a scheme called Leading Together which encourages NHS professionals and lay people to jointly lead health-related activities
For more information contact
Dave Butterworth (OCVA Community Ambassador for Abingdon) email@example.com Tel: 01235 525955
Please book using the booking system: https://ocva.org.uk/healthy-abingdon-intiative/