Developing a Consortium: An Introduction
As funding becomes increasingly harder to access, it is becoming more important for small and medium sized organisations to work together to bid successfully for grants. This course will introduce you to the 10 stages of consortium development and show you what the outcomes should be.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will:
- Scoping and planning before you start your consortium
- The formation of a working group
- Development of funding
- Stakeholder engagement
- Operational development and consortium documentation
- Incorporation and establishment of an interim board
- Membership recruitment and due diligence
- Setting up of a central management hub
- Bidding for and winning contracts
- Service delivery
Following a career spanning 30 years as a teacher, musicians and academic, Gillian Warson decided to move into the voluntary sector. She brings a wealth of training experience having worked with learners from many backgrounds including students, offenders and those with learning difficulties. As Collaboration and Communications Officer at OCVA, Gillian has an in-depth knowledge of groups in Oxfordshire and works with networks across the sector.
Thursday 9th March 2017, 10am to 5pm. OCVA. £70 to £80.