Job location (usual place of work): Forever Hounds Trust office, southern Oxfordshire
Pay rate: £25-30K per annum, depending on experience and impact in previous roles
Pay is pro rata?: No
Job title: Finance & Supporter Services Manager
Applications close on date: Tuesday 11th July
Hours are: Full time
Contract is: Permanent
Job summary: Job Purpose: To provide effective day-to-day management of Forever Hounds Trust’s finance and administrative functions
Salary: £25,000 – £30,000, full-time – depending on experience and ability to demonstrate impact in previous roles.
Reporting to: CEO and Treasurer
Location: Office-based in southern Oxfordshire
This is a great opportunity for someone seeking an interesting, varied and impactful Finance and Administration role within the charity sector. This appointment is part of an ongoing process of moving previously outsourced tasks in-house, in order to boost the charity’s efficiencies. The Finance and Supporter Services Manager will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day accounting functions; the timely and accurate production of monthly and annual accounts, cashflows and budgets, including of monthly management accounts; and for ensuring the efficient working of our busy administrative office.
Applicants should hold relevant finance qualifications, with strong communication skills, excellent attention to detail, a track record of successful staff management skills and supporter services knowledge, and the ability to continuously evolve systems and effectively implement changes.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Day-to-day management of the charity’s finances and all associated processes
• Produce monthly management accounts (including FAR, prepayments, accruals, salary and VAT reconciliations)
• Review monthly budgets with key members of staff, the Treasurer and Finance & Governance sub-committee
• Process invoices and expenses
• Management of
o Bank reconciliations
o Finance processes associated with our online shop and physical charity shop
o Weekly payment runs
o Reclaiming gift aid from HMRC
o Managing VAT returns and partial exemption calculation
o Third party suppliers for providing payroll and pension services
2. Management of the Supporter Services (administration) team to provide a high quality back office function for the charity
• Line management of administrators to provide dog- and fundraising-related supporter services/admin
• Deliver and develop back office processes as needed, to ensure the charity is working as efficiently and effectively as possible
• Providing training and ad hoc support to the administrators as needed
• Work with other staff (in particular fundraising and homing staff) to deliver and schedule back office support to the charity’s activities – e.g. managing responses to fundraising mailings
• Support the charity’s work on donor development e.g. introduction and development of supporter journeys, in collaboration with the fundraising team
• Have a good working knowledge of the charity’s database and how the database fits with the various back office processes; work with colleagues to maximise the potential of the database
• Hands-on delivery of admin as needed
3. Management of office facilities and supplier relationships
• Review annual contracts for various facilities (e.g. franking, photocopier, utilities, cleaner) and ensure the charity has best value for money arrangements in place
• Management of contract with providers of IT support
• Oversight of the processes around the charity’s fleet of vehicles.
Present a professional image of FHT to all internal and external audiences and act as an ambassador for the charity. At all times work in a way that reflects FHT’s values and ethos.
We would expect all our staff and volunteers to conduct themselves professionally, not to do anything which brings FHT into disrepute and not to disclose confidential information relating to the activities of FHT, both during and after the term of their appointment.
Travel costs to locations other than FHT’s office will be reimbursed as per FHT’s expenses policy.
Time Off In Lieu for any extra hours worked may be taken as appropriate.
Experience & skills
• Relevant professional accounting qualifications, preferably ACCA/ACMA/ACA, but AAT or part-qualified candidates will be considered
• Ability to prepare and present budgets and monthly management accounts to a high standard and in a format easily understood by trustees, non-finance staff and volunteers
• Experience of charity and SORP accounting, including gift aid and VAT partial exemption claims
• Ability to prepare annual accounts in readiness for audit or independent examination
• Experience of working with cloud based systems, preferably Xero
• Experience of managing office facilities and staff to a high standard
• Excellent administration skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a professional telephone manner
• Experience in providing effective and efficient financial and administrative support to
an organisation (ideally of similar scope and size to Forever Hounds Trust)
• Excellent written skills, with high level of attention to detail
• Database experience, ideally Donor Strategy, and understanding of the Data Protection Act
and how it applies to charities in particular
• Strong IT skills, including Microsoft Office, email and web administration
• Ability to prioritise with excellent organisation and time management skills to manage a fluctuating workload to agreed deadlines
• Ability to work both independently without supervision and as part of a team
• Flexible approach and willingness to take on additional tasks to meet the charity’s evolving needs
• Resourcefulness and ability to adapt as new processes are adopted
• Ability to identify ways of improving and streamlining administrative functions to aid the effectiveness and efficiency of the charity
• Strong decision making skills, knowing when to escalate issues or seek support
• Ability to quickly form strong working relationships with remotely based volunteers and colleagues
• Experience of managing relationships with suppliers
• Experience of working with volunteers, including remotely.
To apply, please contact: Please submit your CV with a covering letter explaining your suitability for the role, by midnight on Tuesday 11th July, to email@example.com
Time: June 26, 2017 at 2:14 pm
IP Address: 184.108.40.206
Contact Form URL: https://ocva.org.uk/services/communications/jobads/
Sent by an unverified visitor to your site.