Role summary: Donnington Doorstep is looking for a friendly, enthusiastic Family Support Facilitator to join our Team delivering activities at our open access drop-in on Mondays and Wednesdays.
Job location (usual place of work): Donnington Doorstep
Pay rate: £19,2400 – £23,088 per annum pro
Pay is pro rata?: Yes
Job title: Family Support Facilitator
Applications close on date: 20/11/17
Hours are: Part time
Contract is: Permanent
Job description: Our open access Family Drop-In is open on Mondays and Wednesdays and is a welcoming, fun, play-based environment for children and families.
The services Doorstep provides have a great impact and improve the life chances of very vulnerable children and young people. We have a strong and committed staff team delivering services that are highly valued by both users and partner agencies.
Doorstep is an amazing place to work. Every day is different and packed with opportunities to meet interesting people and wonderful children.
The main tasks and responsibilities of the role are
• Be responsible for the facilitation and delivery of Family open access activities
• Set-up, deliver and promote high quality, free-play opportunities, inclusive for all children whatever their abilities.
• Welcome all children, young people, carers and other visitors and make sure that they receive appropriate information and advice about the services and support as identified.
• Consult with children, young people and carers on service provision
• Proactively engage with parents and carers to develop positive and supportive relationships.
• Offer family support to individual families.
Liaise appropriately with partner agencies, support services and other early years providers to ensure the best outcomes for the children.
• Ensure that the programme of activities delivered is fun, interesting, valuable and appropriate to the children using the facilities by providing a variety of play opportunities and identifying and accommodating changing needs.
NB This post is subject to an enhanced criminal records check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (formally known as a CRB check).
To apply, please contact: If you are interested in applying full details, job description and application form can be found here: http://www.donnington-doorstep.org.uk/about/team-vacancies
Please email completed application forms to: email@example.com.