This course is for new trustees, those thinking about joining a board or existing board members wanting a refresher and update. It aims to provide an overview of the key things you need to know as a trustee. The session will equip you with the knowledge of your responsibilities as a trustee and confidence to know where to go to find out more after the course.
The course covers the role of individual trustees and the nature of their collective responsibility, plus some practical tips about how to be effective and add value to the board. There will also be a chance to find out more about some of the latest developments in the sector.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will have an overview of:
· The trustee role and what you are responsible for under charity law
· Understanding your charity
· Personal liability and conflicts of interest
· Governance and management – understanding the difference and building a n effective relationship with staff and volunteers
· Managing your money and risks – key questions to ask
· Thinking ahead about strategy
· Working as a team
· Managing your time
· What’s going on in the sector – latest developments and what they mean
Date: Thursday 7th December
Time: 10am to 1pm
Location: OCVA, The Old Courthouse, Floyds Row, St Aldates, OX1 1SS
To book or find out more information, go to: http://bit.ly/HTBAGT