Do you need to get the best out of WordPress? Unsure of how to make your site work better? Want to learn more about how to manage your site effectively?
Then this course is for you! The course is designed to help you make your WordPress site more effective. It combines real-life experience of managing websites using the latest technologies with practical interactive activities. Techniques for using WordPress and how you can utilise functions will also be covered.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
· Appreciate how web content relates to your organisation’s objectives.
· Understand how to publish and manage different types of content on WordPress
· Know how to manage images
· Know how to select and change Themes
· Select and using Plugins
· Know the difference between hosted WordPress.com and self-hosted WordPress
· Use “tricks of the trade”
· Gain answers to questions in a trouble-shooting clinic
Roger Christiansen is a part-time Lecturer at Abingdon & Witney College, a writer and blogger, plus a Marketing and Communications Consultant working with a number of local charities.
He has spent most of his career as a marketing professional working in hi-tech companies big and small; from start-ups like Research Machines to global brands Ricoh and IBM. He has extensive experience of setting up and managing a digital presence for the companies he has worked for.
Roger is trained in WordPress and has setup and manages a wide variety of sites including a local school (praised by Ofsted), two local charities and a charity events site.
Date: Tuesday 12th December
Time: 9am to 12pm
Location: Blackbird Leys Community Centre, Blackbird Leys Road, Oxford, OX4 6HW
To book or find out more information, go to: http://bit.ly/WPessen