I do hope you’ve had a wonderful Christmas and New Year. I am emailing to ask for your help if you’d be so kind. In celebration of our 60th anniversary The Garfield Weston Foundation has launched a new one-off fund of £5million to support Capital projects to provide new or improved facilities for local communities across the UK. The Fund will close for applications on 30th June 2018 but we wish to give charities plenty of notice so they have chance to develop their plans. I attach the guidelines for your info and so they are easy to forward, though charities will find all information on our anniversary website where there is a specific section on the fund – https://anniversary.garfieldweston.org
We are keen to receive applications from across the UK and are therefore asking our valued friends to help spread the news about this exciting opportunity and to give potential applicants as much notice as possible. I wonder therefore if you could help us by signposting your stakeholders to our website which has a summary of the fund and the Weston Anniversary Fund Application Guidelines. If so, you may find the following copy useful to cut and paste:
· One-off grants scheme in 2018 to support Capital projects to benefit local communities across the UK.
· Open to UK registered charities, places of worship and state schools only.
· Grants range from £30,000-£150,000.
· Simple online application process.
· Applications are now open and close on 30th June 2018.
· You can still apply to the Fund even if your organisation is currently in receipt of a grant from, or has been rejected by, the Garfield Weston Foundation within the past 12 months.
· One application only accepted to the Weston Anniversary Fund per organisation.
· If relevant, planning permission must be secured prior to our closing date of the 30th June 2018.
· Grants must be spent and projects completed by 31st December 2020.