Are you the person who can help bring freedom to the indigenous people of West Papua? We’re looking for a motivated and energetic fundraiser to plan and execute all of our multiplatform individual giving campaigns.
Working alongside our small team of dedicated staff in Oxford you will be responsible for all aspects of digital fundraising, from identifying the key stories our supporters need to know about, to writing case studies and launching digital fundraising appeals via our website, email and social media channels. You will be a talented copywriter and proficient in the use of all major social media platforms; your flair for both written and visual communication will engage our ever growing digital following that already includes over 350,000 Facebook followers.
We have seen organic growth to our supporter base over recent years, and strongly expect that with some strategic planning and targeted marketing this will prove a very fertile audience from which to fundraise.
The weekly working hours and location of this role are negotiable, making it perfect for someone who is looking for a job with flexibility.
We’re looking for someone who gets things done, who sees a challenge and solves it with limited resources. So if that’s you and you want to work for a dynamic organisation in a role that changes from day to day, affording you the opportunity to make a sizeable difference both to the organisation and the cause, then this is the job for you.
Job location (usual place of work): Oxford
Pay rate: £26,000 – £30,000
Pay is pro rata?: No
Job title: Digital Fundraising Manager
Applications close on date: 6 April 2018
Hours are: Full time
Contract is: Permanent
Job description: Overview and terms
Job Purpose: To develop, manage and deliver our digital and individual giving fundraising campaigns to generate income for the Free West Papua Campaign’s (FWPC) core activities. Unrestricted funding is hugely important to our organisation and is driven primarily by our mass communication appeals: it allows us to be independent and radical and to support the United Liberation Movement for West Papua (ULMWP). The core activity of the role will involve: Designing, creating and promoting our email marketing and digital appeals to generate one off and regular donations from individual donors. You will need to find the campaign themes, case studies and stories out of West Papua that will engage our audiences the most and motivate them to give. These appeals will be directed to our huge network of supporters worldwide, utilising an email list and our substantial social media presence that includes over 350,000 followers on Facebook. As such, strong digital and social media skills are key to this role.
Terms are negotiable depending on experience and needs.
Days: 37.5 hours a week, with strong applications for part time work also considered; we are flexible and can accommodate different working patterns to fit around your personal circumstances.
Salary & Benefits: £26,000 – £30,000 per year depending on experience. 33 days annual leave + employer pension contributions.
Location: Ideally, applicants will be based in Oxford, UK, but we are willing to accept applicants based elsewhere who are
available to work from home and occasionally commute to Oxford.
We recognise that many applicants are likely to be based in London, and as the role is relatively circumscribed, we believe the majority of it can be performed outside of the Oxford office. We would want the successful applicant to maintain strong contact with the rest of our team and to visit the office reasonably often, as well as attending our infrequent team meetings in Oxford.
Application deadline: 6th April 2018
Interviews: The process of interviewing shortlisted candidates will begin during the week commencing 9th April.
Role begins: Late April/ early May 2018 (negotiable).
We are aiming to raise – or to lock in the likelihood of raising in the near future – £200,000 for core activities on an annual rolling basis. Your role will contribute significantly to this through the following:
● Designing, implementing and promoting successful digital fundraising campaigns to appeal to individual donors:
● Managing all individual giving and digital campaigns.
● Planning an annual calendar of campaigns to launch at key points throughout the year.
● Identifying case studies, stories and themes to launch as fundraising campaigns.
● Planning, designing and delivering fundraising content across all digital channels, including our social media channels (Facebook & Twitter), email and website.
● Designing a strategy for large-scale direct marketing appeals to be run internationally in our key fundraising territories of the UK, USA, Australia & New Zealand.
● Setting objectives, budgets and targets for fundraising campaigns.
● Significantly growing the email subscription list.
● Building and running a great donor journey experience for newly acquired supporters over their first year of support, and longer term supporter journeys for long term retention of supporters thereafter.
● Processing donations and acknowledging gifts, thanking all donors quickly and personally via appropriate communications.
● Managing and updating the database of contacts, ensuring that records are up to date and that all new contacts and correspondence have been entered
● Keeping the fundraising information on the website up to date
● Working collaboratively with other staff across the organisation to maximise income opportunities
● Actively promoting the fundraising ‘message’ within the organisation, getting colleagues on board, and providing them with training to support the individual giving strategy
● Representing the Free West Papua Campaign’s best interests in dealings with the public, supporters, funders, partners etc.
● Contributing to other work of the organisation when required
Skills and attributes
● Strong understanding of the motivations and incentives that drive potential donors and the ability to engage these motivations using inspiring, persuasive and accessible approaches
● Strong digital skills, including running campaigns through social media channels and email
● Excellent understanding of using social media advertising algorithms to target specific groups of people around the world
● Strong written communication skills particularly the ability to make written communications persuasive, inspiring, accessible and engaging for a range of audiences, from professional donors to grass-roots individual contributors
● Proficient at using design and film software to produce eye catching and persuasive content for digital campaigns
● Strong project management skills and personal organisation; good time management; the ability to prioritise effectively; the ability to set up and follow systems and procedures effectively and to manage a demanding workload. Competency in office and productivity software such as word processors, spreadsheets and web based apps and databases.
● Good knowledge of the regulatory environment for individual fundraising including data protection, gift aid, fundraising regulations and codes of practice
● Ability to work collaboratively with others who may have different priorities and
proactively engage colleagues in fundraising initiatives
● Motivated to generate income in the not-for-profit sector
● A good eye for design
● Strong oral communication and presentation skills with ability to persuade, build rapport and negotiate effectively with people from a diverse range of backgrounds
● Good understanding of the work of the campaign
● A commitment to global justice, human rights and/or anti-imperialism
● Experience of organisational management
● Experience of design packages, e.g. Photoshop and InDesign.
● Experience of implementing effective fundraising strategies in order to boost individual giving (to recruit, engage, inspire and retain donors)
● Experience of designing and running direct marketing and digital campaigns
● Experience of maintaining and developing excellent relationships with donors
● Experience working for a third sector, not-for-profit or campaigning organisation.
To apply, please contact: Please submit your CV with a supporting statement as soon as possible to email@example.com. Please use ‘Digital Fundraiser’ as the subject