Exciting Opportunity – Housing Transitions Manager– Oxfordshire
Full Time – £30,000 per annum + On-call
Mayday Trust is a leading charity specialising in supporting individuals through difficult life transitions. We deliver what works, by exploring abilities and building on talent, and our focus is always on thriving, not just surviving, by providing the right intervention at the right time.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Housing Transitions Manager to join our Housing team, operating within the Oxfordshire area.
You will be highly skilled and be able to demonstrate your abilities in delivering of targets in key performance areas: income maximisation; arrears prevention; management and control; void turn around and have responsibility for a pro-active approach to health and safety management trust wide.
Previous management experience is desirable as the successful candidate will manage small team of Housing Transitions Officers.
You will have a relevant Housing or a customer service qualification, or at least 2 years’ equivalent experience of working within a similar role. Experience of Housing Management practice and knowledge of Housing legislation & welfare benefit legislation is essential.
Although based in Oxford, candidates must be able to be flexible in travelling across sites and therefore should have a full, valid driving licence and access to a vehicle.
Visit: www.maydaytrust.org.uk/vacancies to download the person specification/job description and application form.
Closing date for applications: (12 noon) 20th April 2018
Interviews: 30th April 2018
This post is subject to an Enhanced Level Disclosure & Barring Service check
Mayday Trust, we see talent
Job location (usual place of work): Oxford
Pay rate: £30,000
Pay is pro rata?: No
Job title: Housing Transitions Manager
Applications close on date: (12 noon) 20th April 2018
Hours are: Full time
Contract is: Permanent
Job description: JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Housing Transitions Manager
Reporting to: Director
Hours of Work: 37 hours (flexible working)
The Housing Transitions Manager (HTM) is part of an enthusiastic, committed Mayday team that is aiming to do ‘housing’ differently!
Being part of a pioneering team, means giving time to question and reflect what you do and not always going by the book. It means thriving on change and putting each individual first not the system or the process or the form. So a big challenge and not everyone’s cup of tea.
The HTM will provide leadership and management for the provision of a high quality and responsive accommodation offer.
The HTM will contribute to the strategic vision, aims and direction of an innovative Mayday accommodation offer including design and test of new accommodation models, delivering an increase in accommodation provision and ensuring Mayday accommodation is of the highest standard and responsive to people living in the properties.
The HTM will lead, motivate and inspire a passionate and determined team, continually growing and developing.
The HTML and PTS coaching manager will work together to ensure that both the accommodation and coaching offers are promoted to people coming to Mayday and people understand each service and are clear about how they interact
Your Key Responsibilities
A responsive accommodation service
• To ensure that the focus is at all times with the people living at Mayday and that their views and opinions are taken into account and that suggestions, improvements or accommodation enhancements are enacted swiftly, continually and effectively.
• To oversee the implementation and delivery of a pioneering housing service provision in line with Mayday’s strategic vision and business plans. This will include the management of all accommodation services, relationships with landlords, partners and key stakeholders
• To design, implement and embed an all-inclusive culture with transparent systems that completely reflect Mayday’s core values and mission statement
• To oversee the management and implementation of the referral and letting’s policy with a regular annual review to ensure fairness and value
• To oversee repairs and maintenance so that all properties including ground maintenance are maintained to a high standard and meet current legislation and that repairs are carried out in line with Mayday policy
• To lead on the procurement of services and contracts relevant to providing the accommodation service are carried out in line with Mayday policy
• To be accountable for the management of voids, arrears and bad debts and work with agreed annual targets
• To ensure that people are supported to pay their rent on time and that appropriate plans are in place to manage arrears or repayments.
• To be accountable for the “Move -On” process ensuring that every opportunity to successfully move people towards independent living is taken and that the people living with us are fully engaged with the process when the time is right to move on.
• To undertake regular reviews of all accommodation policy including policies relating to allocations, rent, anti-social behaviour and neighbour disputes
• To produce monthly data reports for Director of Operations and SMT
• To undertake setting and management of annual budget and schedule of work with Director of Finance
• To develop great working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders; representing the Trust at relevant meetings and promoting our work in the best interest of Mayday and people living with us.
Developing an Innovative Accommodation Offer
Mayday accommodation will be a place of pride, designed to be warm and welcoming with focus on positive living for those accommodated.
• To be the lead for health and safety within your area and to advise the Director of H&S risks ensuring positive living is a priority.
• To complete management inspections ensuring accommodation is of the highest standard of cleanliness, safety and homeliness.
• To ensure fire safety systems and procedures adhere to legislation and that accurate maintenance of records are kept up to date; liaising with the local fire service and fire safety officers; local authority staff or landlords where appropriate.
• To develop, present and manage a ‘Listening Strategy so that people living in Mayday accommodation have a voice; are listened to; encouraged to regularly contribute and are involved in our service delivery and performance.
• To comply at all times with local and national safeguarding policy and to ensure that incidents of safeguarding are reported, analysed and actions taken to protect people.
• To comply with procedures on Incident Management ensuring that people are kept safe and correct reporting procedures are completed, including follow-up actions, communication with those affected and reassurance to those involved
• To develop and deliver housing related performance reports for SMT including void reporting, rent loss, damage costs, debts, evictions, feedback from people living with us and any other specific reports when requested
To Lead; Motivate and Inspire
To provide inspirational leadership to and management of the housing team. You will encourage individual staff creativity, support autonomy for the team to take ownership and responsibility, motivate and provide clear direction, recognition and guidance. Create a culture of openness and learning, which values debate and cements a one team approach
• To participate in staff recruitment including volunteer recruitment induction and training.
• To deliver training in-house, appropriate to the role.
• To effectively manage staff illness and sick absence.
• To effectively manage staff performance including conduct and capability.
• To participate in staff disciplinary proceedings.
• To carry out regular one: one meetings and annual staff performance reviews and appraisal and keep accurate records
• To travel between all Mayday accommodation ensuring a regular presence
Contribute to Mayday vision and direction for a new accommodation offer
To work with the accommodation team to develop new and innovative ways of delivering personalised and diverse accommodation options for people going through tough times, including:
• Researching best practice, what works and what does not
• Visiting other models of practice
• Encouraging team thinking on improvements and alternative ways of working
• Embedding feedback from the people we work with in plans and new ideas
• Creating a culture of continuous improvement and using action planning strategy to manage and measure progress
• To comply at all times with the Mayday Code of Conduct together with its policies and procedures with regards to the maintenance of professional relationships between colleagues, the People We Work With and external organisations.
• To adhere to Mayday’s Confidentiality and Data Protection Policy.
• You will be required to be part of the on-call Rota as part of your role.
• To comply at all times with the Safeguarding policy and procedure.
• To adhere to Mayday’s policy of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion when working with colleagues, the People We Work With and external organisations. This includes ensuring that any organisation providing services to Mayday has robust Equality, Diversity and Inclusion policies and procedures.
• To adhere to and maintain, all health and safety standards including fire and gas safety, and to attend relevant training when appropriate. This includes ensuring contractors and other agencies have robust health and safety policies in place.
• To work in accordance with Mayday’s core values and mission statement.
• To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed (including providing cover for colleagues, as directed)
This is a general description of the main duties and responsibilities of the post at the date of production. The duties may change over time as requirements and circumstances change.
JOB DESCRIPTION AGREEMENT