Role summary: Our award-winning Oxfordshire charity is growing and we have an opportunity for new full-time team members to join us in an entry level management role (est. salary: £18.5 to 20.5K). If you want to make a difference and see first-hand your impact, this is the job for you.
Roles will be heavily based within the delivery of our activities from youth club sessions and holiday activities to residential holidays and our sheltered work experience programme. The successful candidates will be responsible for the welfare and safeguarding of groups of vulnerable young people and adults, managing sessional staff and volunteers and some time away on residentials. We will invest a large amount of time and resources into the successful candidate. Candidates will be required to undergo a DBS check.
Job location (usual place of work): Oxford
Pay rate: £18,500-£20,5000
Job title: Activity Manager
Applications close on date: 25/05/18
Hours are: Full time
Contract is: Fixed term
Job description: This is a full time role, initially on a one year contract. We plan to invest a lot of time, training and energy into the successful candidates. Our expectation would be to offer a full time contract at the end of the year, subject to performance.
Within the year you would get the opportunity to work on a variety of our projects, including residential holidays, young people’s social clubs, young people’s holiday programme and project management and charity administration.
During the year will receive training as appropriate and be expected to:
• Respond to safeguarding concerns appropriately
• Work countywide, with responsibility for one region
• Manage and ensure the safety of groups of up to 25 young people
• Drive a minibus on day trips and residential holidays
• Design and deliver sessions
• Liaise with parents, carers and professionals
• Budget and organise trips and holidays
• Maintain accurate records
• Deliver personal care; administer medication; respond to first aid needs – as necessary
• Uphold our ‘Equal Opportunities’ policy
To apply, please contact: Kate Sankey, email@example.com or on 01865 236119
Details of post and application form below: