Seeking New Chair of Trustees
The Board of Trustees of Wantage Independent Advice Centre (“WIAC”) is seeking to appoint a new Chair to take the organisation forward whilst also continuing its vital work supporting those in need for any reason including ill-health, disability, financial hardship, social exclusion, housing issues or any other disadvantage across the Vale area. This support is provided through three core services:
• An advice and information service
• A transport service
• A good neighbour service
Originally established in 1971, WIAC is a volunteer led organisation, operationally run on a day to day basis by 6 paid part time staff that manage and are responsible for approximately 130 volunteers. Funding comes from local authority revenue grants, partnership grants & public donations. With the current chair reaching a natural end of tenure there is the opportunity to review and really influence the charity going forward.
Candidates should have:
• A commitment to the Objects, aims and values of Wantage Independent Advice Centre and a willingness to devote time to carrying out those responsibilities
• An ability to bring a strategic forward looking vision
• An understanding of the role, duties and responsibilities of trusteeship
• Good independent judgement, political impartiality and the ability to think creatively as well as cautiously moving our charity forward.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the necessary tact and diplomacy to work with both the Trustee board and our all-important volunteers.
This is a voluntary role. For an informal initial discussion please call Graham Beith on 07794 691606 or Kiera Bentley on 07799 414600.
Please apply by sending a CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
(This email address is reviewed daily by our Joint Operations Managers).
The closing date for applications / expressions of interest is 30th June 2018.
Wantage Independent Advice Centre is a Charitable Incorporated Organisation. Charity Number 1161144
For more details contact: : Graham Beith on 07794 691606 or Kiera Bentley on 07799 414600.