Henley YMCA – Housing & Site Assistant Manager
Role summary: Are you the person that can assist our residents to access the services they need and help support the running of community facilities on our site?
For residents this could be from getting them back into work, employment support, and making sure that residents are receiving the right benefits.
For the community it is ensuring the Pavilion and Football facilities are ready and available for the community and making a contribution to our income.
We have a number of regular community groups using the Pavilion and Football facilities and this aspect of the job compliments work with residents and brings continuity and local connections, with opportunity to work in new areas or expand the more established use.
Every resident is different so you need to deliver a tailor made package to each resident you work with. It’s all about sustaining resident’s tenancies so they can live and enjoy their home.
Experience in tenancy and estate management, preferably in the social housing environment is therefore required, along with excellent communication and customer service skills.
Ideally you’ll have a proven track record in all aspect of tenancy and estate management such as anti-social behaviour, supporting our most vulnerable residents to sustain their tenancies by referring to the right agencies, and dealing with tenancy breaches.
Experience of identifying and implementing estate improvement works and using non housing resources such as the Pavilion would be an advantage but not essential.
You must be self-motivated, highly organised and positive.
You’ll be able to show empathy and be confident when working with residents, colleagues a wide range of partners and members of the local community.
You’ll need a sense of humour and be flexible and creative in your thinking to make sure all outcomes are the best ones.
You’ll also need to demonstrate initiative, creativity, resilience and flexibility as well as commitment.
Job location (usual place of work): Henley on Thames
Pay rate: £23,400 to £24,000
Pay is pro rata?: Yes
Job title: Housing & Site Assistant Manager
Applications close on date: 20th July 2018
Hours are: Part time
Contract is: Permanent
• To work in compliance with Henley YMCA’s agreed Policies, and Business Plan Objectives.
• To ensure the efficient, accurate and timely submission of Housing Benefit claims, collection of rents and submission of reports and statistics.
• To provide assistance to residents claiming benefits, grants etc in order to sustain their tenancy.
• To provide an efficient and professional administrative service for both Housing and other Services offered from the Henley YMCA site.
• To deputise for the General & Finance Manager as required.
• To supervise other staff and volunteers under the guidance of the General & Finance Manager.
• To support the development of an organisational culture that maintains Core Values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
To apply, please contact: Robert HIgginbottom on firstname.lastname@example.org
Use the following link for application pack and form http://www.henleyymca.org.uk/current-vacancies