Be Free Young Carers
Role summary: Be Free Young Carers is an amazing social welfare charity, based on the Harwell Campus, Didcot that improves the quality of life of young carers living in the South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse Districts. It is the only specialist charity supporting young carers in Oxfordshire.
We wish to appoint an experienced and enthusiastic Young Carers Support Worker, who, as a member of the team, will provide emotional support to young carers in their homes and plan and deliver a varied programme of social activities and trips, working directly with young carers.
You will have responsibility for:
• engaging with young carers, providing support and advice specifically for young carers, liaising with families, other organisations and agencies as necessary;
• planning and managing a programme of social activities, trips and training
Using your excellent organisation and communication skills, this is a varied and exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic self-motivated individual who enjoys working with young people.
The successful applicant will need access to a car and a valid, full driving licence.
Appointment is subject to the outcome of a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) Enhanced Disclosure check and satisfactory references.
To find out more and apply, please visit our website: http://befreeyc.org.uk/about/join-the-team/
Job location (usual place of work): Harwell Innovation Centre, Curie Avenue, Didcot, OX11 0QG
Pay rate: £22,296.56 (£19,026.48 pro-rata)
Pay is pro rata?: Yes
Job title: Young Carers Support Worker
Applications close on date: 23 July 2018
Hours are: Part time
Contract is: Permanent
Job description: Young Carers Support Worker
Salary £22,296.56 per annum, pro-rata 32 hours a week (£19,026.48 pro rata)
Location Based at Harwell Innovation Centre, Curie Avenue, Didcot, OX11 0QG
Reports to The Director
Operating throughout the South Oxfordshire and the Vale of White Horse Districts, Be Free Young Carers is an independent registered charity, established in 1994. It provides emotional support social activities, training and befriending to young carers providing care to family members. It is the only specialist charity supporting young carers in Oxfordshire.
Working in close liaison with the other young carers support worker, provide support and advice to young carers and devise, develop, implement and manage a programme of social activities for young carers ( trips, training and other activities).
• Provide one-to-one support for Young Carers, liaising with other agencies to help ensure the best outcomes for Young Carers
• Support Young Carers and their families to access appropriate support services
• Organise, promote and lead trips, outings and activities, which are child and young people centred, for groups of Young Carers
• Contribute towards awareness raising events and activities to increase the identification and support of Young Carers, including liaison with Schools and sports clubs
• Liaise and work with colleagues to empower Young Carers and their families
• Play a role in the assessment of Young Carers as part of the Common Assessment Framework (CAF), Team around the Child (TAC), Young Carers assessments, and assessments carried out by other professionals
• Develop the active participation of Young Carers, enabling their voice to be heard
• Ensure that appropriate consent forms, MACA/PANOC assessments, Baseline Forms, and other required paperwork is completed and recorded for all Young Carers
• Ensure all tasks, procedures, and practices comply with Be Free Young Carers’ policies, including safeguarding and child protection, health and safety, confidentiality and equal opportunities
• Assist with the production of Newsletters and other communications to Young Carers and their families
• Keep abreast of, and follow at all times, national and local policy in relation to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults
• Monitor and evaluate work, producing records and reports as required.
• Contribute to a safe, positive and friendly working atmosphere
• Attend training and other meetings as required
• Provide reports and information to Trustees and other reporting as required
• Assist in promoting and publicising Be Free Young Carers
• Attend and contribute to team meetings and represent Be Free Young Carers at external meetings as required
• Actively contribute to and support the development of Be Free Young Carers
• Undertake any other duties as requested by the Director.
This job description is not intended to be comprehensive but indicative. Responsibilities may be varied from time to time, depending on the needs of the Organisation
Access to your own transport is essential as the post is based in Didcot and currently covers South Oxfordshire and the Vale of White Horse Districts.
To apply, please contact: John Tabor, Director, Be Free Young Carers
01235 838 554