PURPOSE OF ROLE
Provide direct support for children in a person-centred way, and work within the team to organise and implement activities which encourage social interaction, independent living skills and life skills.
• Have a clear overview of the needs and requirements of all the individuals who we support
• Work with the Forest School Leader to support with Health and Safety requirements within the scheme.
• Work with the Forest School Leader to ensure Safeguarding protocols are followed
• Be aware of Risk Assessments, follow procedures and conduct dynamic risk assessments.
• Respond to complaints to the service following complaints procedure.
• Deliver all aspects of the support plan including personal care and manual handling where appropriate
• Ensure a safe environment for all members attending the sessions.
• Contribute to and develop support plans and assessment of service user’s needs
• Produce and maintain high quality documentation
• Promote independent living and life skills
• Flag safeguarding or other concerns to the relevant people/authorities
• Communicate effectively with the individual and their family/carers
• May be required to liaise with other professionals (e.g. health service, social workers)
• Communicate effectively with colleagues and the Guideposts team
• Follow all organisational guidelines and policies, including reporting any incidents or conflicts appropriately
• Attend training sessions relating to the services. Keep up-to-date with CPD and liaise with Service Manager or Training Officer as required to discuss training requirements.
• Able to take a person-centred approach to all aspects of work
• Takes initiative and is enthusiastic
• Able to handle difficult situations and challenging behaviour
• Decisive and takes responsibility
• Meticulous on paperwork
• Respects boundaries
• Good people skills
• Good listener
• Presents professionally
• Good team member
• Willingness to learn
• Able and willing to work flexibly when required
• Continuing Professional Development (reflect and develop practice)
Food Hygiene Certificate*
*Training can be given to accomplish certificate/training
More hours may become available throughout the year.
All staff have a responsibility to look after the Health and Safety not only of those people who use our services but for themselves and their colleagues and should follow Guideposts Health and Safety Policy and Procedures.
All staff are ambassadors for Guideposts and as such may be required from time to time to assist managers and fundraising in the promotion of Guidepost and its work.
Guideposts is an Equal Opportunities employer.
This job description is not exhaustive, but is provided to assist the post holder to know and understand the main duties of their role. It may be amended from time to time in discussion with the post holder.
Job location (usual place of work): Witney, Banbury, Bicester
Pay rate: £8.20
Pay is pro rata?: No
Job title: Forest School Support Worker
Applications close on date: 1/08/2018
Hours are: Part time
Contract is: Temporary