Role summary: Staff Vacancy: Administrator/Receptionist
Come and join our friendly team!
We aim to give every child and family who come to the Maple Tree
the best possible start in life. Would you like to help make this happen?
We need an Administrator/Receptionist for 10 hours per week, ideally
spread over three days, based at The Maple Tree children’s centre charity,
Littleworth Road, Wheatley.
Salary (new rates from 01.10.18) £4528 – £4598 (£8.68 -£8.82 per hour).
Actual salary will be based on qualifications and relevant experience.
Main duties are to ensure the efficient administration and day-to-day running
of all Centre activities so that all parents, carers and families who attend feel
comfortable and valued and their children can play and learn in a safe, creative
and caring environment. For details please contact: Hayley Hayle
Email: email@example.com Tel. 01865 236700
Deadline: Monday 3rd September 2018
Job location (usual place of work): The Maple Tree, 20 Littleworth Road, Wheatley, Oxford, OX33 1NW
Pay rate: Salary (new rates from 01.10.18) £4528 – £4598 (£8.68 -£8.82 per hour).
Pay is pro rata?: No
Job title: Administrator/Receptionist
Applications close on date: September 3rd 2018 12 noon
Hours are: Part time
Contract is: Temporary to permanent
1. Assist the Coordinator in ensuring the efficient day to day running of Maple Tree Centre activities in Wheatley and the local area. This will involve:
a. Ensuring that the required rooms are available for the activities being run and meetings being held, and by helping with preparing these spaces when necessary.
b. As the ‘public face’ of the Centre, welcoming parents and visitors and dealing with their queries/requirements and guiding them to the appropriate staff member as required.
c. Ensuring that partner agencies such as health professionals are able to use the Centre at the times agreed.
d. Dealing with secretarial tasks such as record keeping, note-taking, filing, photocopying, correspondence, data input and collation so that the Centre’s files are accessible and in good order.
e. Ensuring that information about the attendance of children, parents and carers is recorded, in line with Data Protection.
f. Making and responding to telephone calls/emails as required and passing on messages when required
g. Keeping the office tidy and presentable
h. Maintaining the confidentiality of the office.
2. Be prepared to act as minute secretary to Centre management meetings if required and ensure that agendas and minutes of meetings are circulated promptly before and after meetings.
3. Work collaboratively as part of a team of Centre staff in the organization of the Centre’s programme of activities.
4. Work with the Hon Treasurer to keep electronic records of petty cash transactions, bills and receipts. Assist in the preparation of monies for banking and the production of accounts and report to the Centre Co-ordinator and Hon Treasurer on financial matters.
5. Produce notices and publicity as needed.
6. Look after the centre’s notice boards and information racks, ordering and displaying information for parents as appropriate keeping it up-to-date, tidy and accessible.
7. Promote the accommodation and facilities of the Centre to potential hirers, maintain booking procedures and ensure that spaces are prepared for bookings that have been made. Deal with billing and payments relating to this.
8. Provide administrative support for income generation, fundraising events and applications for grants.
9. Administer the maintenance contracts and services with outside organisations, communicating with them when necessary regarding payments.
10. Maintain confidentiality in relation to staff, adults and children using the centre in keeping with the Centre’s confidentiality policy.
11. Comply with Safeguarding procedures, keeping the welfare and protection of the child as paramount and bring to the attention of the appropriate body any matters of concern relating to families using the Centre.
12. Assist in the organisation and administration of meetings and networks related to the Centre.
13. Comply with the Centre’s policies and procedures, maintaining a file for them in the office.
14. Participate in training and development activities and support volunteers/ students/those on work experience where appropriate.
15. Contribute to Health & Safety and Food Hygiene working practices in the workplace bringing to the attention of the Coordinator any unsafe or potentially hazardous situations, recording and reporting any accidents or injuries. Assist in the safe storage of equipment, helping to maintain everyday play equipment in good, safe condition.
16. Maintain a positive public image of the Centre, ensuring that complaints and issues are handled effectively and sensitively, following Centre procedures.
17. Carry out any general domestic and other duties as may reasonably be requested.
To apply, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel. 01865 236700