Role summary: Clear Sky Children’s Charity require a dedicated Head of Fundraising to help us reach more children who have experienced trauma. This is a diverse and exciting role within a growing charity, working alongside a dedicated Founder and dynamic head office team.
Clear Sky provide Play & Creative Arts Therapy to children who have experienced trauma and difficult life circumstances. We also support parents and professionals so they are better equipped to help children. Our fundraising enables the support we provide to be affordable and accessible and ensuring the widest possible reach.
We are looking for an experienced individual who believes in our cause and who can help secure the future of the charity. The Head of Fundraising for Clear Sky has oversight of the whole fundraising strategy and will take the necessary steps to secure the funding required to help us grow at this exciting time.
The fundraiser will work closely with members of the Clear Sky Head Office team, taking overall responsibility for creating and implementing a fundraising strategy across a number of income streams including; trusts and grants, corporate, events and individual giving.
This role can be either employed or self employed depending on the candidate, with flexible working from home. Travel to Clear Sky head office in South Oxfordshire will be required one day per week minimum. You will be supported in this role by the Founder. There is scope for this role to become a more substantial and full time depending on the success of the appointed candidate.
Our ideal candidate will have a wealth of experience of fundraising with a proven track record of raising six-figure income through different income streams. There is huge scope and possibility for a successful candidate to come in and diversify our income streams. We are looking for someone who wants to step up into a Head of Fundraising position and leave their mark on the way that the charity operates with the ultimate aim of helping more children and families.
Job location (usual place of work): Little Wittenham, Abingdon, OX14 4RA
Pay rate: £25,000 – £35,000 dependant on experience
Pay is pro rata?: Yes
Job title: Head of Fundraising
Applications close on date: 17th August 2018
Hours are: Part time
Contract is: Permanent
Main Job Purpose
To have overall responsibility for the planning and implementation of a fundraising strategy to meet Clear Sky’s annual targets.
Context of Role
Responsible for creating and implementing a fundraising strategy across a number of donor income streams to allow Clear Sky to grow and help more children and families in need. You will work closely with the Chief of Enthusiasm and Optimism (CEO) and be a key member of the Clear Sky team. This is a part time role, which compliments the work of our marketing and communications team in online and events fundraising. This role has the potential to become a more substantial position dependent on the fundraising success of the chosen candidate.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• To revise and implement a 3-year fundraising strategy for Clear Sky to secure long-term income and growth across a number of income streams including Trusts & Grants, corporate and events.
• Develop relationships with funders through referrals, written communications, meetings, project visits and events promoting the charities key messages.
• Maintain close working relationships with the relevant staff in the Head Office team to ensure the development of funding proposals that are in line with the mission of Clear Sky.
• To monitor fundraising performance against annual targets and take remedial action if necessary to ensure the achievement of the target.
• To recruit and manage a volunteer fundraising assistant to undertake research to support the fundraising plan.
• Create and deliver high quality applications to Trusts, Foundations, statutory funders and other grant makers.
• Be aware of developments in trust and grant fundraising, and national fundraising activities to identify how Clear Sky can attract additional funding.
• To work with the marketing team to recognise and publicise what has been achieved in fundraising appropriately.
• Ensure timely, efficient and informative reports to all donors – both in narrative and financial forms. When necessary, co-ordinate internal and external stakeholders (e.g. clients, Trustees, staff) to support the presentation of proposals to donors and manage donor visits.
• To create excellent channels of communication between Clear Sky and funders to encourage repeat donations.
• Report monthly to the Charity Director on fundraising progress against annual objectives and the fundraising strategy plan.
• To develop a strategy for a corporate fundraising plan which attracts funding for core costs as well as supporting the growth of the charity services into different areas.
• To research and approach corporates with a package of services to be delivered in return for financial or gift in kind sponsorship.
• To work with the CEO and board of Trustees to create an attractive package for corporate sponsorship.
• To work with the team to deliver on corporate sponsorship packages.
• To plan a schedule of annual fundraising events, taking the lead on organisation and coordination of organised events and individual fundraising.
• To source and obtain prizes for raffles and auctions at events.
• To work with the marketing team to generate interest and attendance at Clear Sky organised events.
• Link Clear Sky’s fundraising with local events and initiatives to jointly increase visibility of and increased income to the charity.
• To ensure Clear Sky has a presence at local and national events where we can increase our profile and maximise on fundraising opportunities.
• Maintain accurate, accessible and up-to-date financial reports and donor/supporter records on Salesforce.
• Ensure that our fundraising activities meet the requirements of the Charity Commission; the Institute of Fundraising’s Code of Conduct; the General Data Protection Regulations and other relevant statutory obligations. Collaborate with the Head Office team during the critical handover and implementation phases of a fundraised project, to personally ensure the quality of implementation and reporting meets standards set out by funders.
• Support the Marketing and Communications Manager in online fundraising to encourage repeat monthly donations and online fundraising presence.
Relevant Skills, Knowledge & Experience
• Proven track record of success of income generation from grant giving trusts and foundations.
• Experience of producing compelling and engaging written applications.
• Experience of providing detailed reports for a variety of funders.
• Experience of researching trust and grant opportunities.
• Strong strategic planning and implementation skills.
• Strong relationship and stakeholder management skills.
• Knowledge of regulatory framework as it applies to fundraising.
• A qualification in fundraising and membership to an accrediting body is desirable.
• Self-motivation and a proactive, organised attitude towards tasks are essential for this role.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills is essential.
• Our ideal candidate will be warm, friendly and have excellent interpersonal skills.
• Someone who gives their all, is committed and has a can-do attitude in all situations.
• Compassion for children and families is essential.
• Ability to work alone and as part of a team.
• Ability to inspire confidence and trust in Clear Sky.
• A creative individual who can help our fundraising efforts stand out above the rest.
• Tenacity to follow through and resilience when faced with challenges.
• Enthusiastic about the work of Clear Sky and proactive to ensure targets are met.
• Presentation and report compilation skills for funders and Trustees.
• Excellent relationship builder with the ability to capture the interest of others.
• Ability to work to deadlines and plan accordingly.
• Ability to hit the ground running and absorb complex information quickly.
• Driving license and ability to travel
To apply, please contact: Please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com