Role summary: Oxfordshire Welfare Rights are seeking a caseworker to join our small, friendly team providing welfare benefits advice and casework to clients engaged with Headway Oxford services. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1 year continuous and current welfare benefits and will be supported by our specialist welfare benefits team.
Aims of the post: To provide an appropriate level of advice to people with acquired brain injuries across the County.
Job location (usual place of work): Kennington and Barton
Pay rate: £18292 plus 5% pension contribution
Pay is pro rata?: No
Job title: Caseworker
Applications close on date: 20th August 2018
Hours are: Part time
Contract is: Permanent
Job description: Main Tasks and Responsibilities
• To provide welfare benefits advice to individuals
• To assist with making claims for benefits including Universal Credit
• To have knowledge and understanding of the challenge and appeals process
• To make home visits where appropriate
• To liaise with carer’s and family members of individuals and provide further advice where appropriate.
• To liaise with other support services.
• To keep accurate and timely records of all clients seen, visits made and outcomes.
• To write reports as necessary
• To attend regular supervision meetings with the Manager
• To attend staff meetings as required
• To attend relevant training as required
• Other duties as required by the manager.
All required training will be given by both Oxfordshire Welfare Rights and Headway Oxford.
You will be based at Headway Oxford for 3 days per week and at Barton for the remaining 1 day. The ability to travel is essential as the role will include some home visiting.
Application form Welfare Benefits Caseworker 2018
To apply, please contact: Sarah Darby on 01865 744165 or at email@example.com