Campsfield House Independent Monitoring Board (IMB) is looking for people to join the team and help with this varied work.
Campsfield House IRC, Langford Lane, Kidlington, Oxfordshire.
Monitoring fairness and respect for people in custody
In every Immigration Removal Centre (IRC), there is an Independent Monitoring Board (IMB) – a group of ordinary people doing an important job.
Campsfield House IMB is looking for people to join the team and help with this varied work.
- We are volunteers appointed by the Home Secretary to provide an independent view of the establishment.
- We monitor conditions in the Centre to ensure that those detained are treated justly and humanely.
- We don’t make the rules, but we see that they are applied fairly and we monitor their effects.
- We operate independently of the Immigration Services and Centre Management.
- We listen to detainees’ requests and complaints, in confidence, and bring them to the attention of the authorities, where appropriate.
- We have unrestricted access to all areas in the Centre.
- We question authorities where we are dissatisfied, and take our concerns to the Home Secretary if necessary.
We welcome applications from people over 18 and are particularly keen to hear from those of working age and individuals from black and minority ethnic communities, since these categories are under-represented on the Board. Applicants must be UK citizens or permanent residents.
To discover more about these vacancies, please look at the website of the Independent Monitoring Boards (www.IMB.org.uk), where you will also find our Annual Reports.
For details of the application process and further assistance, please contact the IMB Secretariat on 0203 334 3265.