Role summary: The role of intervention specialist will give you an opportunity to work within an award winning mental health charity. You will be a key part of our committed and passionate team designing and delivering psychology based interventions to young people. You will work 1:1 with young people in schools, community settings, young people’s homes and our office in Oxford.
Job location (usual place of work): Oxford
Pay rate: 22,000
Pay is pro rata?: No
Job title: Intervention Specialist
Applications close on date:
Hours are: Full time
Contract is: Permanent
Job description: The role of Intervention Specialist will give you an opportunity to work within an award winning mental health charity. You will be a key part of our committed and passionate team designing and delivering psychology based interventions to young people. You will work 1:1 with young people in schools, community settings, young people’s homes and our office in Oxford.
You will need:
• Experience of working with young people with challenging behaviour
• Knowledge of autism, challenging behaviour and learning difficulties
• Proven resilience and eagerness to learn and develop new skills and ideas
• Confidence in giving direction and support to your colleagues
• Good analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to identify and prioritise needs and risk and translate these into action, including the ability to risk assess and safety plan
• A solid understanding of and commitment to safeguarding and confidentiality
• A valid driving licence and access to a vehicle
• Ability to be self-reflective, whilst working with families and young people, in own personal and professional development and in supervision
• Experience of communicating clearly, concisely and diplomatically with a wide range of people
One-Eighty are committed to doing all we can to ensure that our staff reflect the diversity of the young people we work with. We would especially welcome male applicants, people from BAME communities and backgrounds, and people living with disability, who are currently not as well represented in our organisation as we would like.
What can we offer?
§ A rewarding role that is different every day
§ 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays and six company days)
§ A supportive, friendly and passionate team environment
§ Regular supervision
§ Training in the psychological aspects of the role
§ Pension and rewards scheme
§ An opportunity to develop leadership skills
§ A week long intensive introduction training
§ Flexible working hours
§ Part-time options will be considered
One-Eighty is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Our recruitment and selection process reflects this commitment. This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service Check and 2 references. One-Eighty has a policy for the recruitment of ex-offenders, which is with the application form.
We welcome all applications, regardless of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
To apply, please contact: To apply email: email@example.com to request an application pack
For further information contact Charlotte Dixon on 01865 236869.