Role summary: We are looking for a Level 2 Early Years Worker or Level 3 Practitioner to work afternoons initially. The role is term time only + 1 week.
Job location (usual place of work): The Sunshine Centre
Pay rate: £8084.00 to £9094.50 depending on qualifications and experience.
Pay is pro rata?: Yes
Job title: Early Years Worker
Applications close on date: 25.01.2019
Hours are: Part time
Contract is: Permanent
Job description: Main Purpose of job:
• To work collaboratively with staff to plan, deliver and monitor children’s development within the group.
• To work with children and families to assist Mums, Dads and Carers in developing their children’s potential and achieve improve outcomes.
Responsibilities, Duties and Tasks:
• To work with staff to plan and participate in programmes of work with children and their families, such as Stay & Plays.
• To promote the all-round development of children through awareness of Early Years principles, as identified through the Department of Education (DfE), EYFS and The Sunshine Centre’s guidance and policy documents.
• To participate in and plan programmes of activities for children.
• To maintain records on individual children as required.
• To understand and work to The Sunshine Centre policies and procedures e.g. safeguarding, health & safety and confidentiality.
• To meet the needs of children through play and interactions.
• To contribute to a nurturing, stimulating and challenging environment for children, both indoors and outdoors.
• To make observations of individual children which enables staff to respond to and plan for children’s individual needs and development.
• To contribute to maintaining appropriate resources and equipment.
• To promote equality of opportunities and inclusive practice.
• To ensure all paperwork is accurate, appropriate and up to date.
• To ensure the atmosphere is a happy and welcoming for the children, parent/carers, staff and visitors.
• To participate in monitoring and evaluating the work of the services and ensure that information is sensitively and systematically collected.
• To be responsible for your own health and safety and observe regulations in relation to the Health & Safety at Work Act.
Professional Development and Training:
• To maintain personal and professional development to meet the challenging demands of the job, participate in appropriate training activities and encourage colleagues in their development and training.
• To undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this job.
• To undertake health and safety duties commensurate with the job, as detailed in the Health & Safety policy.
• The duties described in this job description must be carried out in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity, dignity and due respect for all employees and service users.
• The Sunshine Centre Directors reserve the right to alter the content of this job description after consultation, to reflect changes to the job or services provided.
• In all contacts the post holder will be required to present a good image of The Sunshine Centre as well as maintaining constructive relationships.
To apply, please contact: The Centre Manager by email at : firstname.lastname@example.org