Role summary: Low Carbon Hub are looking for a Community Engagement Manager to join our team of committed individuals who are working to prove that we can meet our energy needs in a way that’s good for people and good for the planet.
Job location (usual place of work): Oxford
Pay rate: £25,000 plus 3% employer pension
Pay is pro rata?: No
Job title: Community Engagement Manager
Applications close on date: 21 January 2019
Hours are: Full time
Contract is: Fixed term
Job description: Overall purpose of the job
The Low Carbon Hub works by mobilising communities, building capacity and enabling everyone to take part in creating the shift to a sustainable energy future. As Community Engagement Manager you will have a key role to play in engaging low carbon
communities across Oxfordshire in the design and delivery of community-energy products and services that enable local people to reduce their carbon footprint.
As a new post in our small communications and engagement team, the role has two elements: First, to support our on-going relationship with low carbon groups across the County, in particular our 27 Community Member Groups. Second, to test, design and deliver a number of products and services in a community setting. We have recently been successful in winning several bids for some major projects, where this post will have a role.
You will be responsible for:
• Designing and delivering community engagement processes such as workshops and focus groups to feed into the design, promotion and management of products and services.
• Deliver the promotion and marketing of projects to ensure effective engagement with the target audience on a range of community engagement activities (in conjunction with the Communications and Engagement team)
• Play an active role in the development and management of monitoring and evaluation systems
• Partnership development and liaison with a range of stakeholders, potentially including community groups, local authorities, voluntary sector associations, housing associations, youth groups and schools.
• Contribute towards the delivery of multi-stakeholder projects, with a particular focus on encouraging grassroots participation.
• Relationship management with our CIC Community Group Members, and other key community stakeholders including feeding into our regular stakeholder communications.
• Running our Community Grants Programme, promoting and administering grants to our Community Group Members.
• Liaising with, and reporting to project partners and funders on a timely basis
• Representing Low Carbon Hub at external events as required
• Other tasks and duties as required to support community engagement in the Low Carbon Hub.
Read the full job description, including the essential skills, knowledge and experience required available from the Low Carbon Hub website.
To apply, please contact: Read the full job description before applying. If you’d like to join our team, complete the application form available on our website and on link above. To apply, please return your completed application form by email, to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight, 21 January 2019.