Role summary: Grow the income of a successful local charity and use your skills to improve the lives of vulnerable young people?
We wish to appoint a Fundraiser to contribute to the continued sustainability and growth of the charity.
Be Free Young Carers is an Oxfordshire based charity that works with young carers, improving their lives, reducing the stress, anxiety and isolation that so many say they feel. We operate across southern Oxfordshire, supporting over 550 young carers, and have ambition to extend our services Countywide.
As a highly successful Fundraising professional you will help sustain and develop our income streams, lead on our trust and foundations funding activity. Your experience and skills will help identify and develop opportunities, foster donor relations, regular giving, grants, appeals and corporate partnerships, in other words maximise funding opportunities to support young carers.
Working closely with the Director, you will be required to develop and deliver ideas to achieve the annual income generation plan for Be Free Young Carers.
You will be enthusiastic, effective, creative, and committed with an eye for the detail as well as an ability to seize and maximise opportunities. You will ideally have at least 2 years’ experience of successful fundraising, have excellent relationship management skills and be able to demonstrate a good understanding of charity fundraising and be comfortable working to financial targets. You will be a highly motivated individual, able to work to deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously. Due to the nature of the role, evening and weekend work may be required from time to time.
Job location (usual place of work): Harwell Innovation Centre, Curie Avenue, Didcot, OX11 0QG
Pay rate: 10,150.40
Pay is pro rata?: Yes
Job title: Fundraiser
Applications close on date: 28 January
Hours are: Part time
Contract is: Permanent
Job description: Title Fundraiser.
Salary £23,790 per annum, pro-rata 16 hours a week (£10,150.40 pro rata)
Location Based at Harwell Innovation Centre, Curie Avenue, Didcot, OX11 0QG
Reports to Director
Operating throughout the South Oxfordshire and the Vale of White Horse Districts, Be Free Young Carers is an independent registered charity, established in 1994. It provides emotional support, social activities, training and befriending to young carers who provide regular care to family members. It is the only specialist charity supporting young carers in Oxfordshire.
Working in close liaison with the Director to achieve income targets, generate income from a range of sources including grant making trusts and foundations, local organisations and companies. Contribute towards the development of other income streams to support the work of the charity.
• Create an annual income generation plan to maintain fundraising activity throughout the financial year;
• Lead plan and implement fundraising from trusts and foundations, local councils and others, monitoring and adapting where required, to ensure income opportunity is maximised;
• Contact and build relationships with current and prospective supporters, including companies, to increase fundraising activity, income and sustain their support;
• Research, analyse and review giving patterns of existing and potential supporters to increase fundraising effectiveness;
• Provide funders with the written evidence of the impact of their support;
• Manage all written communications to prospective and existing supporters through mail-shot, email, events, letters etc…;
• Working closely with other members of the team and engaging with volunteers, devise and arrange a programme of community events to maintain and grow our community support;
• Help equip and support volunteers in fundraising on our behalf;
• Assist with the production of Newsletters and other communications to Young Carers and their families;
• Measure the success and evaluate all fundraising;
• Work within Be Free Young Carers’ policies and procedures and good practice;
• Contribute to a safe, positive and friendly working atmosphere;
• Attend training and other meetings as required;
• Provide reports and information to Trustees and other reporting as required;
• Assist in promoting and publicising Be Free Young Carers;
• Attend and contribute to team meetings and represent Be Free Young Carers at external meetings as required;
• Actively contribute to and support the development of Be Free Young Carers;
• Undertake any other duties as requested by the Director.
This job description is not intended to be comprehensive but indicative. Responsibilities may be varied from time to time, depending on the needs of the Organisation
Access to your own transport is essential.
Supervisory Responsibility: None.
To apply, please contact: Send your CV and covering letter to:
John Tabor, Director, Be Free Young Carers, firstname.lastname@example.org title your email ‘Fundraiser’
For more information or to discuss the role call 01235 838 554