Role summary: The Let’s Play Project supports families and young people with additional needs and disabilities.
We are looking for a full time Activities Assistant to join our committed team at our office in Twyford, a lovely rural location with free parking.
This is a full-time role working flexibly over 30 hours per week supporting the Activities Manager.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Previous Administration experience is required.
• Excellent knowledge of social media outlets.
• Knowledge of the complexities of our families and the drive to support them individually and specifically to their needs.
• Understanding of safeguarding children.
• Drive and motivation to make a difference.
• To work flexibly to the Project’s needs.
• Willingness to take ownership of the role and really make it their own.
We are offering competitive pay, flexible working hours to suit the right candidate and an extensive yearly training schedule.
Job location (usual place of work): The Let’s Play Project, Twyford Road, Twyford, OX17 3JL
Pay rate: Salary: £17,900.00 /year
Pay is pro rata?: Yes
Job title: Activities Assistant – Holidays, Fundraising & Social Media
Applications close on date: Friday 18th January 2019
Hours are: Full time
Contract is: Permanent
Job description: Main roles will include but are not limited to:
• Assist the Activities Manager with appraisals and supervisions of staff
• Attend local authority and social worker meetings as required
• Provide support to the Activities Manager in attending home visits for new service users
• Communicate effectively with Playworkers to ensure they are up to date with planned activities and where they are needed
• Work in partnership with the young people to promote self-advocacy
• Develop innovative ways to work with parents and carers ensuring that communication is of a consistently high standard.
• Management of resources for the holiday’s sessions in conjunction with your partner Activities Assistant
• Keep all Social media outlets up to date with our current message, manage updates on campaigns and publicly thank supporters when necessary
• Identify funding gaps and work together with the Operations Manager to highlight potential sources of funding. Formulate effective bids and funding applications in conjunction with the Operations Manager and update the funding bids accordingly
• Cover as a Playworker and session leaders as and when required
To apply, please contact: For an application pack please email Sammy@letsplaybanbury.org