Crisis is the national charity for homeless people. We know that homelessness is not inevitable. We know that together we can end it.
This is an exciting time to join our team. Last year we launched our plan to end homelessness, ‘Everybody In: How to end homelessness in Great Britain’, showing how we can end homelessness for good. To create the plan, we used our 50 years’ experience, the best evidence and research worldwide, and consultation with over 1,000 experts including people with lived experience of homelessness.
– In Oxfordshire, we provide education, training and advice for homeless people from our Oxford Skylight centre
– We campaign to end homelessness for good
– Together with our supporters, we fundraise with a range of UK wide partnerships, activities and events
About the role
As Regional Fundraiser, you will lead on the development and delivery of our established fundraising strategy and plans in Oxfordshire. You will work closely with colleagues in Oxford and throughout Great Britain to ensure that our ambitious plans are achieved, and that our supporters and funding from a range of streams are integral to our success.
Knowledge/Skills and Experience:
To be successful in this role you will be an experienced fundraiser and networker, with a proven ability to develop and implement a fundraising strategy and plan involving a range of income streams. You will share our passion and commitment to ending homelessness and will put Crisis supporters and members at the heart of our work.
As a member of the team you will have access to a wide range of employee benefits including:
– Interest free loans to purchase a train season ticket or a bike or for a deposit to secure a tenancy
– Mandatory pension scheme, with an employer contribution of 8.5%
– 25 days’ annual leave which increases with service to 28 days
Job location (usual place of work): The Old Fire Station, 40 George Street
Pay rate: £33,803 per annum
Pay is pro rata?: No
Job title: Regional Fundraiser (Oxfordshire)
Applications close on date: Monday 10 June 2019 (11.59pm)
Hours are: Full time (35 per week)
Contract is: Permanent
Job description: Job title: Regional Fundraiser (Oxfordshire)
Reporting to: National & Regional Fundraising & Engagement Manager
Aim and influence
• Create, own and lead the fundraising strategy and plan for Oxfordshire within the context of the wider Crisis fundraising strategy, and five-year corporate plan
• Build and develop the fundraising networks and programme, primarily across Oxfordshire, which attracts support from communities, individuals, local trusts and companies and the statutory sector
• Work with colleagues across Great Britain to drive and develop growth in fundraising income, and excellence in supporter experience
Financial and supervisory responsibility
• Gross income target of £160k (2019/20)
• No direct line reports, but responsible for management of fundraising volunteers
• Monitoring and reporting on income and expenditure budget for the region
Other key details
• Willing and able to travel throughout the region and occasionally within the UK, particularly to London with occasional overnight stays
• Some evening and weekend work, time off in lieu will be given
• Up to two days working from home may be considered in line with Crisis policy
Organisational Structure – see Doc_Regional Fundraiser, Oxfordshire, April 19 Please note structure is subject to change
• Create, deliver and own fundraising strategies that will excite and motivate donors to support Crisis Skylight Oxford, and our work across the region and GB
• Ensure that annual fundraising targets are met or exceeded, and that expenditure is kept within agreed budgets
• Maintain and grow existing supporter relationships, providing excellent supporter experience across a range of income streams
• Work closely with the National & Regional Fundraising and Engagement Manager, through planned meetings and reporting, and contribute to the development of the GB-wide fundraising programme
• Work closely with the Director of Crisis Skylight Oxford and their team to ensure collaborative delivery of our plans to build Crisis’s credentials in the region, attract interest in the activities of Skylight Oxford, and create networking and funding opportunities
• Build a network of fundraising and volunteer support for local and GB-wide campaigns, partnerships and projects
• Work collaboratively with the wider National & Regional Fundraising team including leading on project teams as required
• Build a mutually beneficial working partnership with Arts at The Old Fire Station, with whom Crisis share the Old Fire Station, following the agreed partnership protocol
• Attend regular fundraising meetings in London and develop effective working relationships across Crisis, particularly with the Fundraising Department and other HQ support teams
• Work closely with the Oxford Volunteer Co-ordinator and wider volunteer team to ensure a joined-up approach to recruitment and management of Crisis volunteers
• Develop and maintain administrative systems to ensure that all regional activity is coordinated with central fundraising activity (to include data management through the central Raisers Edge database).
• Actively encourage and support Member involvement within Crisis
• Develop an understanding of homelessness and Crisis’ aims
• Follow Crisis policies and procedures, including health and safety
• Respect and meet professional standards published by the Institute of Fundraising, Fundraising Regulator and OSCR (Scotland)
• Carry out other reasonable duties that may be required
1 Substantial fundraising experience, preferably covering a UK region or country
2 Proven ability to create, develop and implement a successful fundraising strategy and plan.
3 Evidence of achieving annual fundraising targets, maintaining an acceptable ROI and managing budgets.
4 Experience generating funds from a range of supporters, including community groups, charitable trusts, individuals, local companies and the statutory sector.
5 Proven ability to develop excellent relationships with funders and experience of networking with funders at a senior level.
6 Excellent communication skills across all levels, both written and verbal, including presentation skills.
7 Ability to carry out in-depth prospect research and present relevant findings in a clear manner.
8 Experience of applying digital marketing techniques and channels in a fundraising environment
9 Ability to work sensitively and constructively with Crisis’ homeless members on fundraising initiatives.
10 Ability to work on own initiative, remote from central fundraising team.
11 Ability to develop effective working relationships with colleagues across the organisation.
12 Knowledge of and ability to comply with safeguarding procedures
13 Commitment to Crisis’s purpose and values including equality and social inclusion
14 Experience in organising successful fundraising events.
15 Experience of working with Raiser’s Edge or a similar CRM database.
16 Experience of managing staff and/or volunteers.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community and particularly from people who have lived experience of homelessness.
If this sound likes the opportunity for you, please visit our website to apply online. The job description is available on our website by clicking on the red ‘Vacancy Details’ button.
If you need to request an application in an alternative format, please contact the HR Team on 020 7426 3819 or e-mail email@example.com.
Closing date: Monday 10 June 2019 (11.59pm)
Interview date: Thursday 20 June 2019
We value diversity, promote equality and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from people with lived experience of homelessness.