Role summary: To aid the inclusion of children and young people with disabilities in a variety of mainstream play, leisure, and recreational activities in the Banbury area.
Job location (usual place of work): The Lets Play Project, Twyford Road, Banbury, OX17 3JL
Pay rate: 9.46
Pay is pro rata?: No
Job title: Playworker
Applications close on date: 24th May 2019
Hours are: Part time
Contract is: Permanent
Job description: • To actively encourage positive play, recreational and social experiences for disabled young people and children with additional needs.
• To ensure that service users remain safe and secure at all times.
• To work in partnership with colleagues, parents, venue staff and other professionals.
Competency requirements or skills and abilities necessary to do the job
• To enjoy working with young people
• To communicate with the project co-ordinator after each session
• To be responsible for submitting monthly time sheets and other information
• To make contact with names young people and their parents before activities take place
• To communicate with co-ordinator if you are unable to attend a session
• To recognise the unique potential that individuals from differing backgrounds, experiences and perspectives bring to the Let’s Play Project.
• To be able to work as part of a team
• To be responsible for own time keeping
• To adhere to the rules and procedures in the various settings in which the project works
• To observe confidentiality in your work for the Let’s Play Project
• To promote good practice relating to the Let’s Play Project Equal Opportunities Statement, Child Protection, Health and Safety and Data Protection policies.
• To focus on discovering and acting on the young person’s needs
• To be committed to putting the young person and their needs first
• To undertake any other duties that may be required from time to time
To apply, please contact: email@example.com