Role summary: To provide effective and efficient administrative support to the Fundraising and Finance teams; and to administer office facilities and contracts as required in order that the charity’s office base operates safely and efficiently. Help deliver back office support to the charity’s activities as required.
Job location (usual place of work): The charity’s office in Little Baldon, OX44
Pay rate: £10,500 (£21,000 full time equivalent, based on our 40 hour week)
Pay is pro rata?: Yes
Job title: Office and facilities administrator
Applications close on date: 28 May 2019
Hours are: Part time
Contract is: Permanent
Job description: OFFICE AND FACILITIES ADMINISTRATOR
Main responsibilities: To provide effective and efficient administrative support to the Fundraising and Finance teams; and to administer office facilities and contracts as required in order that the charity’s office base operates safely and efficiently. Help deliver back office support to the charity’s activities as required.
Hours: 20 hours per week to be worked from Forever Hounds Trust office in Little Baldon, Oxford OX44 9PU. Five hours per day, four days per week (days tbc).
Salary: £10,500 (£21,000 full time equivalent, based on our 40 hour week) Reporting to Reporting to Reporting to Reporting to: Supporter Services Manager.
• Work as part of the team to ensure the office is running smoothly. Provide general administrative support to the staff and trustee team as required. • Answer telephone enquiries and monitor the admin@ inbox, dealing with emails appropriately and ensuring that messages reach the correct team members. • Engage supporters through email and phone as opportunities arise, to strengthen their relationship with Forever Hounds Trust; identify opportunities to maximise engagement where possible. • When requested by ‘Heads of’, assist in purchasing supplies, travel, accommodation for staff, trustees and volunteers, subject to authorisation processes. • Assist Head of Finance in finance administration tasks as required, including the banking of donations and other monies; ensure information required for accounting and other procedures is completed. • Deal with the annual renewal of our Gambling Licence to enable us to run our Prize Draw Raffle. • Assess and minimise any Health and Safety issues in the office, including fire safety equipment and security system. Oversee recycling requirements, minor repairs etc. • Oversee office utilities and check contracts ensuring they are renewed and the charity is getting best value for money. • Oversight, renewal and reporting of the charity’s vehicle documentation, maintenance etc. • Help deliver back office support to the charity’s activities as required.
Forever Hounds Trust is seeking an experienced, motivated Office and Facilities Administrator to provide effective and efficient administrative support to the charity’s activities. We are dedicated to the rescue, rehabilitation and homing of unwanted, abused or abandoned sighthounds. Our vision is a day when every sighthound is free from risk or need. We operate across four geographical regions covering much of the country, homing around 350 dogs each year.
• You will have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively and clearly with a wide range of people. You will be pro-active and empathetic. • Your organisational skills will be excellent and you will be confident working in a pressured environment. • You will be happy working on your own initiative, and very often working alone in the office, prioritising workloads effectively. • You will have excellent administration skills and be fully IT literate, including on all Microsoft Office packages and email. • You will be required to become proficient on the charity’s CRM system (Zoho Create) and our Accounts software (Xero).
• Present a professional image of Forever Hounds Trust to all internal and external audiences and act as an ambassador for the charity. At all times work in a way that reflects the charity’s values and ethos. • Have a flexible approach and willingness to take on additional tasks and duties within the small office team as and when required. • Be able to identify ways of improving and streamlining administrative functions to aid the effectiveness and efficiency of the charity. • Be aware that the role has access to personal data and ensure that no confidential information relating to the activities of the charity or to this data is ever disclosed.
• An interest in dog welfare and rescue would be advantageous, and as a dog-friendly office, be aware that there are often dogs in the office.
• Have a strong empathy and understanding for the work of Forever Hounds Trust, and the emotional maturity to be able to deal sensitively with people on the telephone who may have harrowing dog stories and need our help.
To apply, please contact: If you are interested in applying for the role and if you meet the Person Specification, then please send your current CV along with a covering letter saying why you are the right person to be considered for this role with Forever Hounds Trust, and email it to:
Closing date for applications is 5pm Tuesday 28 May and interviews will take place at the Little Baldon offices during the week of 3 June.