The annual Volunteers’ Week starts on 1st June and full details of what is happening across Oxfordshire can be found here as well as more information and ideas for events/campaigns on the national website for Volunteers’ Week.
Locally there are two Volunteering Fairs:
- Banbury – Volunteer Fair, Banbury Town Hall, Friday 7th June 11am – 2pm
Opportunities to meet voluntary organisations that are making a difference to people’s lives. Find out how you can volunteer and what you can gain from volunteering.
- Faringdon – Big Volunteer Event, The Corn Exchange, Faringdon – Saturday 8th June 10.00 – 1.30pm
The BIG Volunteering Event is a fantastic opportunity to find out about volunteering in Faringdon and meet organisations offering life enhancing volunteering opportunities.
The Mayor of Faringdon Town Council, Cllr. Dr Mike Wise, says, it’s also “an opportunity for Faringdon to celebrate volunteering in all its diversity and encourage the community to think about all the different kinds of volunteering opportunities available. From trustees and campaigners to carers and fundraisers, the town thrives, in these difficult times, thanks to the contribution of its many different volunteers.”
It promises to be a wonderful local, community focused event that is family friendly and that will help you find your ideal volunteering opportunity.
- There will be up to 25 stall holders of Faringdon based voluntary organisations and community groups
- A Café serving tea / coffee
- Market Stalls and a 50p market
Live Music and all sorts of other family activities. Faringdon BIG Volunteer Event