Role summary: Managing our volunteers and establishments is supported by PIMS, the PAT database, running on a customised Salesforce platform. Development of the database (launched in 2018) to its full potential as a management and operational tool is also key to PAT’s operations.
The Volunteers and Database Manager is a new post in PAT. The post holder will be a key member of PAT’s senior management team, expected to contribute to policy, process design and management and external relations. They will work with the operations and financial functions of PAT to give senior-level support to PAT’s CEO.
Job location (usual place of work): Chalgrove, Oxfordshire
Pay rate: £25,000 – £27,000
Pay is pro rata?: Yes
Job title: Volunteer and Database Manager
Applications close on date: 30.06.19
Hours are: Full time
Contract is: Permanent
Job description: Responsibilities:
• Database management of a complex membership database (PIMS) closely linked to financial and fundraising operations
• Ensuring best practice in data structuring and input, data use, procedures and security
• Training and coaching internal and future external users
• Managing the interface between data processing and work process requirements
• Managing embedded communications, amending and revising as required
• Design of management reports, working with CEO, operational and financial functions
• Production of management information from the database, using regular and ad hoc reporting
• Analysis of data produced, validation and consequent contribution to business knowledge, operational and policy decisions.
• Management of PIMS development project work with Emprisia, our Salesforce consultant developers
• Production of the annual budgets for Volunteer and database management within the overall PAT budget and responsibility for managing those resources on a day to day basis
• Growing the number of volunteer teams through recruitment and retention programmes
• Improving volunteer deployment to and within establishments
• Improving service to and communication with volunteers
• Integrating Volunteer Area Co-ordinators (VACs) and central management to make best use of VACs’ enhanced service to members
• Recruiting and developing more VACs across our volunteer base
You will have at least five years’ experience in a membership or volunteers management role in a charity, other not-for-profit or social enterprise (or working with a similar devolved workforce) of which three should be in a senior position.
You will have at least five years’ experience of database management, including responsibility for database operations – bulk data handling, production of management information, data hygiene and security – ideally in a charity or other not-for profit organisation.
• User knowledge of and experience with one or more complex databases, ideally with experience of the user/technical interface as well as operational and customer management, is essential
• Experience of using Salesforce in particular, or a Salesforce-based database, is desirable
• Good analytical skills, able to design reports on the database and in Excel, manipulate and understand data and produce accessible management information are essential
• Good communication and presentation skills.
• Empathy with volunteers and understanding of working with them
• Commitment to PAT’s work and mission
Details of employment.
Hours: 37 hours a week. Flexible hours may be available.
Additional hours, evenings or weekends may be needed periodically due to the nature of the job. Overtime is not paid but some time in lieu will be offered, to be taken by arrangement with the CEO.
Salary: c. £25,000.00 – £27,000.00
Pension: Statutory pension scheme
Base: PAT’s head office at Chalgrove, Oxfordshire.
Travel: As Volunteers Manager, periodic travel throughout the UK to events, to meet volunteers and observe volunteer service in action. Travel expenses are paid according to PAT’s travel policy on expenses, mileage etc. Time spent travelling is covered under “additional hours” above.
To apply, please contact: Helen Brooker
Pets As Therapy
59 Monument Business Park