Role summary: To enable people with learning disabilities and autism to enjoy regular meaningful occupation in outdoor settings by providing effective and efficient administrative support to the FarmAbility programme and the management team. To contribute to achieving the programme’s objectives by administering the office, programme resources and facilities so that the charity’s activities operate successfully.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic administrator who can quickly get to grips with our systems and processes, and start to run these efficiently and competently. FarmAbility is a busy, energetic environment where flexibility and an open mind are needed to deal with the demands of a small and dynamic charity.
The role is initially being offered on a fixed-term basis while we review our support functions.
This role is key to the success of the charity’s work by providing the administrative support required to ensure that the FarmAbility programme can run smoothly and effectively. We’re looking for someone who enjoys outdoor settings, an interest in the voluntary sector and a belief in the rights of people with learning disabilities to have meaningful occupations.
FarmAbility is a friendly and warm working environment where every member of our small team of 7 people is highly valued and appreciated.
Job location (usual place of work): FarmAbility, FAI Farms Wytham OX2 8QJ
Pay rate: FTE £20,000
Pay is pro rata?: Yes
Job title: Programme Administrator
Applications close on date: Monday 1 July 2019
Hours are: Part time
Contract is: Fixed term
1. FarmAbility Calendar
– Keep the FarmAbility calendar up to date with current and future events (i.e. co-farmer sessions at other locations; visitors to the farm; introductory sessions, staff absences, training and meetings)
– Provide administrative and organisational support to the range of events taking place (booking transport and meeting spaces, organising resources, communicating updates, paperwork, taking minutes)
– Coordinate regular processes and events (i.e. annual PAT training, quarterly trustee meetings, H&S reviews, social events, co-farmer reviews)
– Help organise cover for staff absences
2. Programme documentation
– oversight of online and paper filing systems, ensuring that these are regularly reviewed, updated and filed as necessary (including policies & procedures, H&S paperwork, Accidents/Near Misses, personnel files, contact information)
– maintain and update new systems or protocols for recording/storing information as needed, ensuring GDPR compliance
– support development of new signage and other notices as required
– process DBS checks for volunteers and new staff members
3. Programme resources
– maintain and order supplies to resource the programme (kitchen consumables, office stationery, cleaning supplies, outdoor tools and equipment)
– coordinate the replacement of tools/equipment and repairs when needed
4. Management team support
– provide administrative and organisational support to the FarmAbility managers
– provide support for any events that occur during the contract period
– liaison with FAI team (FarmAbility’s host farm) as required
– liaison with Learning Disability teams as necessary
– deal with phone call and email general enquiries, either responding to these or forwarding them to an appropriate person (i.e. potential co-farmer and volunteer enquiries, requests from co-farmers’ families)
6. Daily firefighting
– with management and programme leader support, respond to and deal with issues that arise during the day (co-farmer absences, transport issues, sickness, resources/equipment needs, unplanned events)
To apply, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org