Wolvercote Young People’s Club is searching for a Youth Work and Community Development Manager to start in September 2019. The successful candidate will ideally be able to provide evidence of competence and experience in each of three key areas:
• Youth work practice, including hands-on youth work, organisation, staff supervision, and staff development
• Community development: maintaining the trust of parents and community leaders so that the reputation and involvement of the club continues to flourish in the communities we serve.
• Strategic development of an organisation, including fundraising and participating in business planning with the board of trustees.
Job location (usual place of work): Wolvercote Young People’s Club, St Peter’s Rd, Wolvercote, Oxford OX2 8AU
Pay rate: Negotiable according to appointee’s range of experience; minimum of point 22 on JNC management scale (£32, 155), 3 days a week equivalent
Pay is pro rata?: Yes
Job title: Youth Work and Community Development Manager
Applications close on date: Friday 23rd August 2019
Hours are: Part time
Contract is: Permanent
Job description: Key Roles and Responsibilities:
Youth work practice, staff supervision and staff development:
● Supervision and management of youth work staff and volunteers, fostering a team culture
● Working with young people and sessional youth workers as part of a team in club sessions
● As appropriate, developing youth work staff and volunteer training and CPD opportunities
● When required, ensuring positive student fieldwork opportunities for youth workers in training
● Developing youth work staff roles and, where possible, progression within WYPC
● Develop appropriate relationships and work with local parents with the aim of supporting the youth work staff, where necessary liaising between staff and families and enabling programmes to develop.
● Develop partnerships and links with other agencies and community leaders with the aim of supporting and enabling the staff to work effectively and youth work programmes to develop.
Strategic development of WYPC
● Business planning in partnership with the board of trustees
● Developing a fundraising strategy and activities with the aim of supporting and enabling the youth work programmes to develop and with a view to financial support for this post and others.
● Working with Trustees to respond to changing circumstances and needs
To apply, please contact: Julie Hamilton, Administrator
Wolvercote Young People’s Club, St Peter’s Rd, Wolvercote, Oxford OX2 8AU