Role summary: Be Free Young Carers is an amazing charity that improves the quality of life of young carers living in the South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse Districts.
Based on the Harwell Campus, Didcot, it is the only specialist charity supporting young carers in Oxfordshire.
We wish to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and outgoing Young Carers Support Worker, who, as a member of the team, will provide emotional support to young carers and plan and deliver a varied programme of social activities and trips, working directly with young carers.
You will have responsibility for:
• engaging with young carers, providing support and advice specifically for young carers, liaising with families, other organisations and agencies as necessary;
• planning and managing a programme of social activities, trips and training
Using your excellent organisation and communication skills, this is a varied and exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual who enjoys working with young people.
Hours of work – 32 hours per week over four days a week, the working pattern to be agreed with the Director
Working for Be Free Young Carers
• Flexible working hours
• The opportunity for home working
• Free on site parking
• Regular public transport to Oxford,, Abingdon, Didcot and Wantage close by
• “Time off in lieu” for any evening/weekend work with prior agreement by the Director.
You will need access to a car and a valid, full driving licence.
Appointment is subject to the outcome of a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) Enhanced Disclosure check and satisfactory references.
Job location (usual place of work): Harwell innovation Centre, Curie Avenue, Didcot, OX11 0QG
Pay rate: £22,296.56 (pro rata £19,026.48) per annum
Pay is pro rata?: Yes
Job title: Young Carers Support Worker (Maternity Cover)
Applications close on date: Wednesday 16 October 2019 at 23:59
Hours are: Part time
Contract is: Fixed term