Role summary: Finance Administrator – Part time
Job location (usual place of work): Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Pay rate: £21,000 – £23,000
Pay is pro rata?: Yes
Job title: Finance Administrator – Part time
Applications close on date: 25/11/2019
Hours are: Part time
Contract is: Permanent
Job description: Oxfordshire South & Vale Citizens Advice – Finance Administrator
Oxfordshire South & Vale is a local charity. We provide the Citizens Advice service from 6 locations in South Oxfordshire and Vale of the White Horse (Abingdon, Didcot, Faringdon, Henley, Thame and Wallingford). Our 160 skilled volunteers are supported by 10 FTE staff.
We are looking for an experienced and qualified Accountant or Bookkeeper to work either at our main office in Abingdon or from home.
Location: Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Salary: £21,000 to £23,000 FTE
Hours: 14 hrs per week. We can be flexible about days and times.
You will undertake general accountancy, payroll and administration work. You will report to the Deputy Director of Finance and Administration and work closely with the Treasurer. The role requires a good all-rounder who can multi task and keep calm under pressure. More specifically, it will involve:
• undertaking weekly bookkeeping with QuickBooks software
• processing monthly payroll / expenses using payroll software and dealing with HMRC
• bi-monthly financial reporting to the Board of Trustees
• quarterly financial reporting to Citizens Advice
• preparing annual accounts
• any other tasks to ensure the effective administration of the service
• A relevant qualification and proven financial management experience
• Experience of using Excel / QuickBooks at an advanced level
• Accuracy and reliability in preparing financial reports to deadlines
• Good oral, written and interpersonal skills
• A commitment to the aims and values of Citizens Advice
To apply, please send
• a CV
• a letter showing how you meet the 5 criteria in the personnel specification
• detail’s of 2 referees (we will only approach referees if you are shortlisted).
If you would like to discuss this role, please email the Director, Jon Bright on email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is November 25th 2019. Ideally the successful candidate will start as soon as possible.
To apply, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org