Role summary: Community Involvement Officer -Communications and Marketing
To promote Healthwatch Oxfordshire as a credible and authoritative voice of the public experiences of health and social care utilising all forms of communication media.
Success looks like:
- Residents know what Healthwatch Oxfordshire is and talk to us about health and social care in a variety of ways.
- Local service providers and commissioners know Healthwatch Oxfordshire to be a credible organisation reporting the public experiences of health and social care
- Healthwatch Oxfordshire is the place to go for local media to understand people’s experiences of health and social care.
Job location (usual place of work): Witney
Pay rate: 28,633
Pay is pro rata?: Yes
Job title: Community Involvement Officer – Communications and Marketing
Applications close on date: 9.00 am on Monday 24th February 2010
Hours are: Part time
Contract is: Permanent
Job description: Key responsibilities
1. To promote achievements and activities and raise our profile in a manner consistent with our brand, including production of simple marketing materials such as posters and leaflets.
2. To improve how we use digital and social media channels to increase and improve engagement and feedback online, including managing our social media accounts, producing the News Briefing, and overseeing the production of engaging website content. 3. To maintain, manage and develop our website, including reporting on how effective the site is utilising Google Analytics and other software.
4. To ensure we communicate with a diverse audience and wide range of local stakeholders.
5. To produce press releases, copy for our news briefing, reports and other documents as well as proof-read information for external papers.
6. Work with local media channels, including digital, print, television, and radio to help increase the awareness of Healthwatch Oxfordshire’s activity and impact.
7. Develop targeted campaigns to target underrepresented communities in Oxfordshire and support Healthwatch Oxfordshire projects
8. Support the collection of local and national data using the Healthwatch Oxfordshire website and feedback centre.
To apply, please contact: Carol Ball
The Old Dairy
High Cogges Farm
Or email to: