Role summary: Hours: 14-16 p/week (includes 1 Sat shift p/month, 3 Sunday shifts p/year.
Extra hours are also available
We are a community charity, founded in 1993, for Chinnor and the surrounding parishes, providing services to help prevent isolation and serving as a meeting place for all generations. The Coffee Shop staff provide homemade hot and cold meals and drinks to our wonderful community alongside our fab team of volunteers.
You will be working alongside our Coffee Shop Manager to ensure the smooth running of our Coffee Shop kitchen including food preparation, service, cleaning and assisting with the supervision of the volunteers, while ensuring we adhere to and keep records for all food safety and H&S regulations.
Job location (usual place of work): Chinnor Village Centre, High Street, Chinnor OX39 4DH
Pay rate: 8.72 per hour
Pay is pro rata?: No
Job title: Catering Assistant
Applications close on date: 31/03/2020
Hours are: Part time
Contract is: Permanent
Job description: RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist the and Supervisor to organise and oversee the day to day running of the Coffee Shop
• Assist the CSM with the organisation of a small team of volunteers, delegate and give direction & training within the kitchen where necessary.
• Help to organise and co-ordinate catering for our Room Hire Clients and Friendship Club Members, whilst also maintaining service in the Coffee Shop.
• Assist the CSM with maintenance of records and provide accurate information to ensure the coffee shop is Hygiene, Health & Safety compliant
• Undertake appropriate training for development, as required.
• Attend staff meetings as required.
• Be capable and consistent with food handling & cash handling, training will be provided.
• Take responsibility for Open and Close down procedures, on occasion.
To apply, please contact: Annabel Junkin
01844 353 733