Magic Little Grants 2020
The Magic Little Grants 2020 programme will be launching on Tuesday 10th March 2020.
Delivered in partnership with Postcode Community Trust, funded by players of People’s Postcode Lottery, there are over 900 grants available through the fund.
The fund will be awarding £500 grants to community projects across Great Britain. Successful projects will support and inspire people to participate in sports or exercise with the primary aim of improving the physical health of participants.
Organisations will receive a decision on their application and, if successful, the funding within two months. The deadline for applications will be 31st October 2020.
Organisations who are not members of Localgiving will also benefit from an annual membership funded by Postcode Community Trust, which will provide them with access to Localgiving’s suite of online fundraising tools. To be notified once the Magic Little Grants application process has launched, please sign up to our newsletter here.
Localgiving members will be notified via email when Magic Little Grants launches and will be able to complete the 10 minute application process via their charity account on the Localgiving website.
In order to apply for the funding, organisations are required to meet the following criteria:
- Income – You must have an annual income under £250,000 or be in your first year of operation.
- Physical activity projects – Your planned project must encourage people to participate in sports and exercise with the primary aim of improving the physical health and well-being of participants.
- Operating within England, Scotland, or Wales – Please note that organisations operating in Northern Ireland are not eligible to apply.
Groups who meet either of the following criteria are NOT eligible for the grant:
- Organisations that have previously been funded by a Magic Little Grant or the players of People’s Postcode Lottery and have not finished the project/activity.
- Organisations that have previously delivered a project funded by a Magic Little Grant or the players of People’s Postcode Lottery and have not completed their monitoring/evaluation form.
- Organisations that are a school or are linked to a school, such as a Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
Examples of projects that we cannot fund:
- Activities focused on elite dance or physical arts and performance costs
- Activities using gardening projects to deliver physical activity
- Medical equipment that supports the delivery of physical activities
Full details: https://localgiving.org/magic-little-grants/