The Covid-19 pandemic has had a catastrophic effect with the cancellation of thousands of events and the loss of billions in income through fundraising events.
The Virgin Money London Marathon alone, which should have taken place on Sunday 26 April, is the world’s biggest one-day fundraising event, which raised more than £66.4 million for thousands of charities in 2019.
Many of these charities have had to reduce or stop services at a time when vulnerable members of society need them most; thousands of staff have been placed on furlough and many charities will not survive the next few months.
Help save a specific UK charity
If you would like to fundraise for or donate to a specific UK charity, there are five easy steps to set up a fundraising page:
- Dream up your 2.6 Challenge
- Choose your charity or community group
- Find your chosen charity or community group on Virgin Money Giving or JustGiving by clicking one of the buttons to set up your fundraising page
- Ask all your friends and family to sponsor you
- Complete your 2.6 challenge!
Full details: https://www.twopointsixchallenge.co.uk/