We aim to provide financial support to organisations, community and grassroots groups that are working to redress the impact of COVID-19 and beyond on those who identify as POC (which includes other terms such as BAME, racialised people, black indigenous, people of colour BIPOC). We understand that many POC experience crisis on a daily basis and our commitment is to get money to the people who need it most
In response to the coronavirus, the Fund will provide financial support to organisations, grassroots and community groups, and individuals who are working to tackle the impact of Covid-19 on those who identify as people of colour (POC).
Grants of between £5,000 and £50,000 will be available to organisations that respond to the immediate needs of the more at risk and vulnerable, and for more long-term initiatives to enable organisations to continue their work towards racial justice.
What will be funded:
- Projects that meet the immediate needs and/or impact of crisis – be it Covid-19 or otherwise – for communities of colour.
- Ideas that present transformational and radical alternatives that will support people of colour creating solutions for change on a systemic level.
- ‘Ecosystem builders’ – visionaries that exist between the mainstream and the margins who are working to mobilise connections and resources for the benefit of their communities. This could include: Lived Experience Leaders –POC leaders; activists; community leaders; innovators; change-makers working on racial justice.
- Those with an international perspective, seeking to amplify and build relationships with communities in the global south in order to achieve global change.
- Projects connected to faith and spirituality are welcomed.
Applications for this round open on the 18th May 2020 until the 15th June 2020.
Full information: http://resourcingracialjustice.org/apply