DWP have today published claimant count (unemployment benefits) data for June 2020 and below is an updated bitesize publication also available on Oxfordshire Insight.
- As of June 2020 there was a total of 16,965 claimants of unemployment benefits in Oxfordshire. This was 385 below the previous month (17,350 in May 2020).
- Each district in Oxfordshire saw a slight fall in claimants between May and June, with the exception of Oxford which increased by 25.
- Analysis of unemployment claimants in Oxfordshire by deprivation (IMD 2019) shows..
- The highest rates of unemployment are in the most deprived areas;
- That the increase compared with 2019 has been highest in deprived areas, however..
- ..new claimants are less likely than past claimants to live in deprived areas.
- Note that this data does not include people who are supported by the government’s Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (furlough)
You can explore data for small areas and data by age using our interactive dashboard on Oxfordshire Insight.