The Board of Trustees is now seeking an exceptional leader to join the organisation as its Chief Executive. The post-holder will play a central role in developing a new and transformative vision for OCVA, in engaging staff and stakeholders and in helping to make it a reality.
Oxfordshire Community and Voluntary Action (OCVA) provides infrastructure support to the county voluntary and community sector (VCS) organisations. We are an independent charity providing support to help local voluntary and community, social enterprise and faith-based organisations develop and sustain their activities and engage residents in voluntary action. We are a small, energetic team committed to our aim of supporting a strong local voluntary and community sector and inspiring local social action.
You will be responsible for leading and managing every aspect of the organisation’s work on behalf of the Trustees and ensuring the Board’s strategic vision is delivered. The Chief Executive will provide vision and overall leadership to the organisation, ensuring the impact of service delivery and income growth is maximised and to also help further develop the excellent relationships and reputation the charity has with its partner organisations, supporters and commissioners.
The ideal candidate will have:
- experience of working at a senior level within a voluntary and community sector infrastructure support organisation
- an in-depth understanding of the voluntary and community sector, its offer, its policy and legal framework, constraints and needs.
- a detailed understanding of public sector service delivery including commissioning processes and current policy developments.
- strong leadership skills with the ability to inspire, motivate and develop confidence not just internally but externally across the voluntary sector as a whole, in Oxfordshire
- a commitment to genuine cross-sector partnership and proven ability to develop strong working relationships across a diverse range of stakeholders
- be a compelling communicator and natural partnership builder
The successful candidate will bring the drive, inspiration and commitment to lead the fresh vision for OCVA and its stakeholders. This is a remarkable opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join the organisation at a very exciting time in its development
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Angela Cristofoli, Interim CEO, on email@example.com or 01865 251946.
Closing date: Monday 17th August 2020 at 5.00pm
The interviews will be held online and will consist of a presentation during week beginning 7th September and a formal interview during week beginning 14th September.