The LGBTQ+ COVID-19 Fund is funded by Comic Relief, and METRO is the lead intermediary partner distributing these funds to the sector.
The Fund is for LGBTQ+ community-led organisations and groups to support their vital role in supporting LGBTQ+ communities through the coronavirus pandemic and beyond. Five regional panels will assess and allocate the funds.
Applications are open to groups and organisations with an annual turnover under £100,000.
Your group or organisation must also:
- Consist of 3 or more people
- Be led by LGBTQ+ staff or volunteers (if you are a group within a larger organisation, then the staff/volunteers leading on this proposed project should identify as LGBTQ+)
- Be not-for-profit
- Be committed to equality and dignity for all LGBTQ+ people, including trans people
What types of projects will be funded?
The fund is intended to support grassroots, local groups and organisations who can support LGBTQ+ communities through the impacts of the COVID-19 crisis and beyond.
- Awards will be between £500 – £15,000 (Award levels: micro up to £500 or £1,000, small up to £5,000, medium up to £10,000, and large up to £15,000)
- Each organisation/group can only apply for one grant, not multiple grants adding up to £15,000
- Funding must be used by July 2021
- Public sector organisations cannot apply for funding, nor can they hold any of the funding on behalf of other organisations
- Projects should address the impacts of COVID-19 on the sector
Full details: https://metrocharity.org.uk/LGBTQfundapply