Role summary: We are looking for a Group Worker with excellent people-skills to take responsibility for planning and running our weekly groups: one for first-time parents and their babies, and one for families who are vulnerable or socially isolated, and may be affected by postnatal depression or other mental health conditions.
The groups are well-established, but we have had to ‘pause’ them because of the pandemic and find alternative ways to maintain contact, including virtual sessions.
Join our team as we make plans to re-open them!
Job location (usual place of work): Didcot
Pay rate: £19,698 – £20,493 pro rata, depending on experience and/or qualifications
Pay is pro rata?: Yes
Job title: Group Worker
Applications close on date: 12pm Monday 8th February 2021
Hours are: Part time
Contract is: Fixed term
Job description: Supporting families through groups
• Plan and run groups to create a safe, welcoming environment. This includes completing risk assessments, and moving, setting-up and clearing away equipment and seating.
• Maintain play equipment in a clean and safe condition. Undertake cleaning of venues as required.
• Provide appropriate and imaginative play opportunities, encouraging positive interaction between parents and their children.
• Run online groups if physical attendance is not possible, due, for example, to a pandemic situation.
• Encourage and support attendance and social interaction.
• Devise methods to assess and record the benefits to children and parents from attending groups.
• Evaluate referrals and undertake home assessment visits to determine families’ needs.
• Review support to families at regular intervals.
Working in partnership
• Liaise with referrers and other professionals and community groups.
• Provide electronic, written and verbal reports for other agencies, and for funders.
• Represent the scheme at multi-agency meetings concerning supported families.
• Network appropriately within the community, and promote the Home-Start groups.
To apply, please contact: To view full details and download an application pack, please visit our website:
Or alternatively, email email@example.com