Contract type: Fixed term until 31st March 2022
Hours: Part-Time 22.5 hours per week
Salary: £30,724 – £34,027 pro rata
Start Date: Immediate Start
We currently have a unique and exciting opportunity for an inspirational leader to manage the Connection Outreach Service (COS) across Oxfordshire.
We are looking for a Team Manager who knows what it takes to support vulnerable people in crisis – homeless and unemployed, often with a history of substance misuse, mental health issues, or offending behaviour.
Key Aspects of the service
- Rapidly rehouse rough sleepers
- Facilitate service users’ integration into their local community
- Prevent rough sleepers returning to the streets
- Ensure clients are financially secure and have access to welfare benefits
- Ensure that mental health/addiction issues are addressed
- Build on service users’ resilience to prevent the risk of homelessness arising again
- Build on life skills to live independently.
Key outcomes for clients
- Maintain dignity, independence, and control, and be treated as equal citizens
- Make a positive contribution and feel purposeful and empowered.
- Participate in social activities and networks that connect them to other people.
- Have a healthy lifestyle that maintains physical and mental well-being.
- Cope effectively with difficult life events
- Live in a place that promotes a good quality of life and a sense of safety.
- Access services including digital services and support when needed.
The full Job Description and Person specification:
What you’ll be doing
The COS Team Manager is responsible for managing a team of Outreach Workers to provide a programme of planned intensive support with people who are currently rough sleeping, to help them gain suitable accommodation and build up an appropriate network of support in their local community. We work with a wide range of people who are homeless including people with mental health, drug and alcohol issues and offending behaviour.
Put simply, it’s about making a difference. A real difference.
What you’ll need
Well-organised, IT literate with good communication skills who can remain calm and patient in challenging circumstances. You must have a good understanding of support planning processes. What’s more, you’re contributing to, monitoring and implementing changes that improve outcomes for people. Above all, you have a natural ability to help make the lives of others more fulfilling and want to work in an environment where the work can be hard, but also fun and rewarding.
How to apply: For a full information pack and to apply on-line please visit the Jobs section of our website https://www.connectionsupport.org.uk/about-us/work-with-us/vacancies/
Closing date: 26th April 2021
Interview Date: 30th April 2021
Interviews to be held through MS Teams with Amy Delisser, Deputy CEO & Deb Morris, Operations Manager