Oxford United in the Community (OUitC) is the official charity of Oxford United FC (OUFC).
Independent but closely-linked, OUitC has launched an exciting new strategy to grow the impact of the charity and OUFC’s brand using the power of football. Whilst our work has traditionally focused on younger children in primary schools via Football in the Community programmes, our new strategy “Oxfordshire – A Community United” means we are extending that focus, working to support all of the community across Oxfordshire “aged from 2 to 92” with a more “place-based” approach. The PLPS programme sits within this strategy as the flagship service offered to the primary education sector.
Purpose of the Role:
The Premier League Primary Stars Manager will manage, deliver, and develop the Premier League Charitable Fund’s flagship programme across a number of Oxfordshire’s primary schools, working with teachers, senior leaders, the Football Association in Oxfordshire and regionally and act as the key interface with the Premier League Charitable Fund.
Premier League Primary Stars uses the appeal of the Premier League and professional football clubs to inspire children to learn, be active and develop important life skills. The programme is available to every primary school in England and Wales, and it aims to inspire girls and boys aged 5-11 in the classroom, on the playground and on the sports field.
OUitC have been successfully delivering Premier League Primary Stars for several years, and our delivery model involves us working with teachers in local partner schools to deliver fun, educational sessions in a range of subjects.
Role summary: Reporting to: Head of Charity – Christopher Lowes The person must be able to drive and have access to a vehicle due to the multi-site nature of the role.
Hours of work: 40 hours per week excluding lunch breaks (please note the role may require evening and weekend working).
Role Duration: For the period of OUitC’s Premier League Primary Stars contract, subject to annual performance review.
Job location (usual place of work): Oxford United FC Training Ground, Oxford Sports Park, Horspath Road, Oxford OX4 2RR and with travel across Oxfordshire to deliver PLPS within schools
Pay rate: £21,000
Job title: Premier League Primary Stars Manager
Hours are: Full time
Contract is: Permanent
Job description: Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Successfully manage and deliver the programme submitted by OUitC for Premier League Primary Stars ensuring compliance with PLCF’s programme guidelines, Key Performance Indicator (KPI) targets and grant terms and conditions.
- Lead OUitC’s initiatives around the delivery of additional wrap-around provision (Breakfast Clubs, After School Clubs, PPA offerings etc).
- Assure the safeguarding and health and safety of children, staff, volunteers and partners and that all considerations related to risk, and in particular, that linked to Covid-19, are identified and addressed.
- To develop and manage relationships with key stakeholders within schools and any external partners or stakeholders involved in the PLPS programme.
- To understand and manage the PLPS programme within the contractual budget.
- Ensure all aspects of the programme are fully inclusive, and that Equality, Diversity and Inclusion is at the heart of the programme.
- Building on engagements based on the PLPS programme, develop relationships with schools to whom OUitC could offer paid or funded services.
- Undertake all training and development related to PLPS and wider OUitC charitable activities and ensure all required qualifications and certifications are up-to-date and fully compliant.
- Work to all OUitC operational processes and procedures and with a continuous improvement mindset.
- To lead, supervise and support a dynamic team of staff, ensuring they understand and comply with programme guidelines and grant terms and conditions.
- Grow the awareness and take up of OUitC’s PLPS programme via effective marketing and engagement.
- Working within the framework of available resources, establish and deliver additional services working with the wider OUitC team and potentially new community-based coaching and volunteer resources.
- In support of the wider OUitC strategy, work with other programmes teams to provide a sustainable and cohesive approach to deliver greater social impact on a larger scale across Oxfordshire.
- Consistently and accurately monitor and evaluate OUitC’s Premier League Primary Stars programme in order to demonstrate impact and achievements.
- Produce data and reports that demonstrate the impact and value of the OUitC Premier League Primary Stars programme.
- Devise activities that ensure individuals and groups of participants are motivated, stretched and challenged at appropriate levels across all Premier League Primary Stars programme interventions.
- Devise and deliver PSHE related activities and assemblies.
- Support the charity in increasing its scale of operation and social impact across Oxfordshire.
- Undertake other duties and responsibilities as required by OUitC as appropriate.
- Provide appropriate signposting to all participants in OUitC’s PLPS programme to services and programmes provided by OUitC or its partners.
OUitC is seeking a driven, flexible, and innovative candidate to fill the role of Premier League Primary Stars Manager.
The post holder will be required to deliver a weekly programme of activities to enhance teachers’ knowledge, skills and confidence of PE delivery in order to increase the quality of PE provision that local children are receiving.
Other areas of OUitC’s work aim to increase children’s enjoyment of physical activity, increase their participation levels and skills in competitive and non-competitive sports, increase their understanding of personal skills, and increase their confidence in English and Maths by using sport as a means to engage.
The PLPS Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the PLPS programme on behalf of OUitC and so should be organised, computer literate, understand funding, budgets and reporting.
Skills, Abilities & Qualifications – Essential:
- Association for Physical Education (AfPE) Level 3 (or working towards).
- Experience of delivering physical education in a primary school.
- Multi-skills Level 2.
- FA Level 2 in Coaching Football qualification or above 5. Understanding of the National Curriculum & HE frameworks.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team.
- Understanding of monitoring, evaluating and reporting.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at various levels.
- Excellent time management, organisational and planning skills.
- IT literate – proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- A commitment to safeguarding and health and safety.
Skills, Abilities & Qualifications – Desirable:
- An additional National Governing Body Level 2 qualification in another sport.
- Experience of working within a Premier League Primary Stars programme.
- Experience of working for a Club Community Organisation (CCO).
To apply, please contact: To apply please email email@example.com addressed to Christopher Lowes, Head of Charity, with your CV with a covering letter detailing how your personality and capabilities will strengthen OUitC’s PLPS programme and primary schools offering.
Applications close on date: Monday 19th April at 12 midday.