Role summary: We currently have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Community Fundraiser based in Oxford. You will join us on a part-time, permanent basis working 21 hours per week and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £12,240 per annum.
Restore works in Oxfordshire with people who have severe and enduring mental health problems. We know that everyone has talents and abilities, and the capacity to make a valuable contribution to the community. We believe that people with mental health problems have the right to work, the right to the support they need to gain employment and lead fulfilling lives. We also believe that the stigma associated with mental health problems damages the whole community and in all we do, we work to challenge this discrimination.
Reporting to the Head of Fundraising and Communications, our Community Fundraiser will enable Restore to raise the money that it depends on to run recovery, coaching and training services, and support people with mental ill-health to get better and find employment.
Main responsibilities as our Community Fundraiser:
– Achieving ambitious but viable fundraising and performance targets by building relationships and exploring new fundraising opportunities
– Undertaking supporter care for individuals, employers, community groups, and Charity Partners who act as our donors, fundraisers, and supporters
– Supporting, developing, and inspiring volunteers and fundraising groups to ensure our fundraising activity is as effective as possible in achieving the maximum income in our area for local campaigns. This would include inducting, training, and overseeing volunteers
– Ensuring seamless delivery of a calendar of planned community fundraising activities
– Providing an enthusiastic representation of Restore at public events and activities, helping to raise awareness of our work, values, and goals
What we’re looking for in our Community Fundraiser:
Please note that all areas must be addressed in your cover letter when making your application, explaining how you meet these criteria. We will not be able to shortlist you if you do not cover these.
– Willing to be flexible on working arrangements, including working outside regular office hours (on evenings and weekend, for which all hours worked outside of normal working hours are reimbursed as time in lieu)
– The ability to speak publicly on behalf of Restore and passionately promote our work
– Creative and excited to offer new ideas for involving communities in fundraising
– The ability to think logically, use initiative, and work without supervision to manage priorities, meet deadlines, and deliver results
– Excellent time management skills, organised and able to deliver events and activities on time and to target
– The ability to work well with others, including volunteers, fundraisers, and recovery groups, and is positive within shared workspaces
– Experience of community fundraising
– Experience of event and activity coordination
– Experience of working on mental health, including ending stigma, and raising awareness
– Knowledge of website content management
– A full driver’s licence, access to a car, and/or willing to travel within Oxfordshire
In return our Community Fundraiser will receive the following benefits:
– Employee Assistance Programme
– 25 days plus bank holidays (Increases to 30 with increasing years of service)
– 4 weeks unpaid sabbatical after five years’ service and more!
Closing date: Sunday 9th May
Interview date: Wednesday 19th May
If you feel you have the skills and experience to join us as our Community Fundraiser, then please click apply today! We’d love to hear from you.
Any offer of employment is subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check. A criminal record is not necessarily a bar to employment.
This job description is likely to change over time, subject to discussion with the post holder, and in line with the expectation of funders and the strategy for the organisation agreed by the Board of Trustees.
This post will be on a 4 week’s notice period.
Job location (usual place of work): Oxford
Pay rate: £12,140
Pay is pro rata?: Yes
Job title: Community Fundraiser
Applications close on date: 9th May 2021
Hours are: Part time
Contract is: Permanent
To apply, please contact: https://careers.restore.org.uk/Apply/c3Rbc226hbmRhcmR8Mzd8MTU5NTQ5fDF8fEZhbHNlfDE4NjV8NzM2MDIxfDA%3d