Role summary: Jacari provides free English lessons for local children who speak English as an Additional Language. We are looking for a resourceful, motivated individual to become the Assistant Coordinator of our Oxford branch. This part time (0.5) position offers an excellent opportunity for anyone wanting to develop their experience of working in the voluntary sector. The purpose of the job is to assist with the day-to-day running of the charity’s branch, including managing a team of volunteers and successfully liaising with schools.
Job location (usual place of work): Mix of working from home and office work in central Oxford
Pay rate: £10,500 – £11,500
Pay is pro rata?: Yes
Job title: Assistant Coordinator
Applications close on date: 18/06/2021
Hours are: Part time
Contract is: Temporary
To assist with the day-to-day running of the charity’s branch, including managing a team of volunteers and successfully liaising with schools.
– Assisting with the recruitment of volunteers both from the universities and from the general public, including publicising opportunities, responding to enquiries and processing applications
– Carrying out volunteer inductions, including processing their DBS checks, carrying out informal interviews and delivering training, including Safeguarding training
– Matching volunteers with pupils
– Providing ongoing, regular support to volunteers, dealing with queries, providing teaching advice or resources, and identifying training needs where appropriate
– Managing and supporting our student volunteer committee, assisting with their recruitment and setting and monitoring their budget
– Maintaining strong relationships with our partner school contacts by responding to all communications promptly and meeting at least twice per year
– Processing pupil referrals and ensuring pupil records are kept up to date
– Ensuring parents/carers are communicated with clearly, including producing clear information leaflets and/or letters
– Dealing with parent/carer and teacher queries
– Assisting with the organisation of termly children’s events / trips, including management on the day
– Assisting our volunteer committee with organising fundraising and/or volunteer social events
– Organising occasional community / public-facing events
Administration and communication:
– Dealing with correspondence in a timely and professional manner
– Keeping our CRM system updated
– Assisting with maintaining our financial records / book-keeping
– Supporting our Fundraising and Communications Officer to maintain Jacari’s social media presence and website, and raise our profile locally and nationally
– Cooperating with our partner organisations, including keeping good relationships with other community groups and looking for new productive collaborations
– Adhering to our policies at all times, including making sure parents, schools and volunteers are aware of our safeguarding policies and procedures
– Assisting with monitoring and evaluation, including conducting surveys of teachers, volunteers, pupils and parents on a termly basis and assisting in completing our annual impact report
– Supporting the rest of the team with funding bids and/or grant reports as and when required
– Reporting to our Board of Trustees as and when required, and acting on their decisions
This is an outlined job description and should not be regarded as an inflexible specification. Responsibilities will be reviewed periodically in line with service priorities, and duties may change or new duties be introduced after consultation with the post holder. As a term of your employment, you may be required to undertake such other duties and/or hours of work as may reasonably be required.
Line management is provided by the Senior Coordinator (based in Oxford) and you will work closely with the whole Jacari team to ensure standardisation of practices across the organisation. Support and guidance is provided by our Board of Trustees.
To apply, please contact: Please visit our website https://www.jacari.org/work to find the online application form.